HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Smooth as silk upgrade. Running lovely, no issues seen :thumb:

2. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Thank you very much, and thanks everyone for beta testing!
    I thought that after the private beta there would've been an open beta or a release candidate, but I guess it is ready to go already. Nice.
    I don't think the beta period was too long, particularly not as it lead to a ready to go release version.
    Great work, everyone. :thumb:

I upgraded HMP.A 3.1.11.374 to 3.5.0.546.
    Upgrade was smooth, and everything is working well.
    If I might find any issue, I'll report later, of course.

3. r33per

r33per Registered Member

Hello Erik,

I sent a email to support but no reply yet anyways please read below if you see before hand,
    Does the product automatically update or do i need to manually download and install over the top?

I'm looking at purchasing the hitmanpro 3 year 3 PC license to use hitmanpro.alert on my home PC's.
    It says its licensed for 3.7, will this include all major revisions throughout the 3 years? or is it version 3.7 only?

Also the enterprise version a few of my clients would be interested, does it include all the features of hitmanprro.alert?

And on a side note, we also run sophos cloud, when will the hitrmanpro.alet features be bundled into sophos and what will the product be called?

Looking forward to the reply as im looking to switch all m,y clients from trend to sophos/hitmanpro.alert.

Thanks,
    R33per

4. guest

guest Guest

The Beta was not long and without any issues from my side, good job.

5. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Thanks erik, will test it later.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I've had the private beta running on 3 machines very smooth. Upgraded one already to 546. Smooth Excellent.

7. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

1) re: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...iscussion-thread.324841/page-292#post-2539017
    Does 3.5 Build 546 return Safe browsing (green) for Norton users...?

2) Block Untrusted Fonts was Disabled upon 546 launch.
    Update: so, I Enabled Block Untrusted Fonts and restarted. And Yahoo fonts (if that's what they're called) went simple. I call em' buttons. Anyway, I Disabled Block Untrusted Fonts and restarted.
    Yahoo buttons/fonts (what ever they're called) are back. Coincidence or ....?
    Yahoo buttons simple.png Yahoo buttons fancy.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  8. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

The beta was so unobtrusive, I almost didn't want to give it up for this stable version. No issues with the new stable version so far :). Hopefully the "check for updates failed" warning will go away next week?

9. test

test Registered Member

right...

10. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Updated beta to final; no issues.

11. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Thanks erik updated over top of 373 no problems, smooth; continuing to test..:thumb:

12. topper10

topper10 Registered Member

Is this new version able to be used with Sandboxie without the workaround template?

13. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

try with/without Compatibility template and let us know

14. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

What type of threats will HMPA's behavior blocker detect other than Ransomeware, and Banking Trojans? I'm looking for a BB designed to protect against all malicious code, not just Ransomeware, and Banking trojans. I want to see a mode of operation in the settings that is not too worried about having a few false positives. I know Emsisoft's BB is similar to what i'm looking for, but i'm already using Eset's AV. I think using the two AV's together could cause problems, and be too taxing on performance.

I would also like to say that all the issues I reported about HMPA have been fixed now. I had to stop testing HMPA over a year ago due to a permanent DNS leak caused by it's network filter that I reported several times, but it never did get fixed at the time. I think I just got lost in the shuffle due to so many bug reports from other testers. I think a lot of bugs are expected when an application is in it's infancy stage of development. I experienced System freezes, incompatibility with Online Armor, and then conflicts with Eset (I can't remember the specifics now, it's been too long ago). I just used the trial period to see how HMPA was doing, and it seems to be working great on my machine. I did run into one conflict between Eset, and HMPA. Eset detected HMPA's network driver as a threat. Some users may have chosen to quarantine the driver, and that could turn out very bad. I think this will have to be reported to Eset. I will stop rambling now.

15. L10090

L10090 Registered Member

If I remembered well, this FP issue was reported (by Eric Loman) to ESET a long time ago, however ESET never fixed this FP issue.

16. L10090

L10090 Registered Member

Using W7-x64 with HitmanPro.Alert 3.1 build 374,
    First uninstalled build 374 and after that installed HitmanPro.Alert 3.5 Build 546, no issues, build 546 is running fine.

17. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Windows 10 Home x64

No issues so far with version 3.5.0

18. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Thank you for the info! Maybe if I send them another email about it they will fix it. I wonder how often HMPA's network filter is modified. Maybe Eset whitelisted it, and some modification since then caused it to be detected again. Eset also has alerted to HMPA installer as being malware many times in the past.

19. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

Updated from beta to build 546: no problems. Good job.

20. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Updated to build 546 - running Win 7 x64, everything running smoothly

21. ingem64

ingem64 Registered Member

Why HMP.A do not updated automatically for a new versions??
    Do I must first to download new version and install it then?

22. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

23. ingem64

ingem64 Registered Member

24. denniz

denniz Registered Member

It seems the slow interface bug with TP-Link routers is somewhat better now. Logging in still takes pretty long, after that some parts of the router webinterace load pretty fast, while some parts load very slow, sometimes clicking 2 or 3 times on the same hyperlink causes the interface of that specific page to load spontaneously. But in all situations the loading symbol that Chrome is loading the pages keeps circling instead of going away.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  25. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

MPC-HC 1.7.10 crashes on opening video files with the latest build 546. The only way to have it working is to disable process protection (or exclude MPC-HC from HMP.A).
    Windows 8.1 x64 with no other security software installed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.