HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. PallMall

PallMall Guest

We copy you on the ground as they say at the Houston Space Center. Thanks for confirming what I wasn't sure of, erikloman.

2. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Tried to investigate/reproduce my update issue.

1. Installed build 182
    2. Got update message
    3. Noticed that files were written to C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\Update Files\ (so my hunch that CryptoPrevent would prevent writing to %TEMP% was wrong)
    4. However, no PendingFileRenameOperations key in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
    5. After reboot still on build 182

6. Deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\Update Files\
    7. Installed build 183
    8. Noticed that files were also written to C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\Update Files\
    9. However, again no PendingFileRenameOperations key in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
    10. This time, after reboot on build 183...

Huh?

3. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Keystroke encryption dropped off again. I can see the green border with corner swipe but, no encryption flyout. I'll restart the service and see.
    EDIT: Well, no luck getting Keystroke back... Reset, Restart service, Restart machine. IDK 183

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  4. aztony

aztony Registered Member

I'd alluded to the same update issue(s) here on Friday w/my XP rig. CryptoPrevent was not on it at the time. Today, I never did get update available notice on my Win 7 rig. But due to the installation of another program required that I reboot. After windows loaded, and my startups, I saw no sign HMP.A3 in the sys tray. A quick look in the task manager showed no running process, or svc, there either. But the program showed in my add/remove programs list, build 181. Ok, so I uninstalled it with Revo, downloaded build 183 from the link here and try to install it. Got an error msg on screen saying I might not have permission to access the install file, and it wouldn't run. Rebooted into safe mode and installed it there. I don't have CryptoPrevent or AppGuard on this pc either. I do have VoodooShield which was disabled.

Edit: 4:27pm Since build 183 installed no flyout for 'show live keystroke encryption'.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  5. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

I recently noticed, that HMP.A interferes with Malwarebytes-Antimalware-Premium.

With HMP.A installed, some web sites are blocked, no notification from MBAM.
    Manually added exclusions are not honored.

With HMP.A unistalled: MBAM does, as it should.

Tried to disable safe surfing, but still no access and no notification, from MBAM.
    Disabled all options for Google-Chrome, but no access and no notification, either

6. fax

fax Registered Member

I had to give up, HMPA is conflicting also with simple video playing, I can see like 5-10 seconds of a full screen HD video on youtube but then it hangs. Removed HMPA and everything works fine again. This is with IE11/Win8.1 64bit. No security tools installed.

7. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I noticed too a delay watching videos with HMPA installed, nothing like 10 seconds, but I can feel.

8. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I use MBAE Premium. I only use HMPA V3 for is risk reduction like crypto, vaccination, network lockdown, process protection, and bad usb. I don't seem to have any problems with this setup.

9. maniac2003

maniac2003 Registered Member

Ah, never linked it to HMP Alert. But I recognize this too.
    Without HMP Alert active and MBAM Premium on the website does load.
    Hopefully the known issues will be fixed soon. Is the GTA V launcher fix also coming along?

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Can you post a website where this happens so that we can test?

11. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Is there still a HitmanPro.Alert free version or is it a full paid product now?

If there is a free version, what is the differences between free and paid.

It's been awhile since I've used this and from the looks of it, a lot has changed.

12. erikloman

erikloman Developer

See this post for a comparison of features, which ones are free, which ones require a license:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...iscussion-thread.324841/page-164#post-2460905

13. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

14. erikloman

erikloman Developer

What antivirus are you using?

15. fax

fax Registered Member

I have tested it without anything, I mean just windows defender. And it was the same. The AV on this machine keep changing, Right now I have ZoneAlarm Extreme.

16. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Can you reinstall Alert 3 build 183 and trigger the slowdown.
    Then run this tool (DriverView) and send the ouput via PM.
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

17. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Registered Member

Yes its working absolutely fine without any hiccups :thumb:

Regards,
    Dark Lord :cool:

18. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

@erikloman
    @markloman

Is possible to do a test (AVC) with the recent ver HPA3?
    Compared with:

a) EMET 4.1U1
    b) EMET 5.2

It would be very useful for users who still use XP.
    It would also be interesting to compare with the latest version of MBAE.

19. fax

fax Registered Member

Yw
    Yeap, I will late afternoon (your time).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  20. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

movietime.cc

21. test

test Registered Member

i've random crash at runtime with PhotoGallery

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      45.2 KB
      Views:
  22. erikloman

erikloman Developer

GTA V arrived. Might take a while before we can start looking into the issue #discjockey

GTAV.jpg

23. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Is that with HTML5 or Flash video playback?

I tested with this HD YouTube video.
    On Windows 7 x64 IE11 with no Flash Player installed it plays OK in HTML5 720p full screen HD. (No higher resolution available.)
    On Windows Vista x86 IE9 it plays OK in HTML5 720p HD, but there is no full screen option available.
    On Windows Vista x86 IE9 it plays OK in Flash 720p, 1080p and 1440p full screen HD.
    On Windows Vista x86 IE9 in Flash 2160p full screen 4K it does not play very well, in Flash 2160p full screen 4K the video is quite choppy.
    Downloaded as 4K .mp4-file and played offline, it plays OK.
    I can't remember whether that video (or any other YouTube video) ever played OK in 2160p full screen 4K before, without the installed HMPA3. I usually don't play 2160p 4K YouTube material.

24. L10090

L10090 Registered Member

Desktop Acer X3900 running: Microsoft Security Essentials, SpywareBaster 5.0, Adwcleaner 4.201, W7-x64 NL, IE11 NL, FF37.0.1 NL, hp240, hpa183,....

Problem:
    Keystroke encryption seems to extend INTO the hpa183 protected applications (FF 37.01, IE11 and Outlook 2007), see the 3 added snapshots.

Normally the typed data appears as readable text in the application area and at the bottom right of the screen, in the colored window border, the orange encryption flyout shows.

For reasons UNKNOWN (I cannot correlate it to any previous actions) this picture changes:
    1. NO orange encryption flyout any more in the right bottom Colored window border!
    2. The typed in text (keystrokes) now appears scrambled/encrypted in the application itself!
    3. Disabling Keystroke encryption in the Risk reduction area followed by a mandatory reboot eliminates the problem,
    4. Enabling Keystroke encryption in the Risk reduction area followed by a mandatory reboot returns the problem.

Do to vacation issues I cannot access this Acer X3900 desktop in the next 9 day's and the problem (so far) never occurred on my Lenovo T520 laptop.

Key-01_Firefox 37.jpg
    Key-02_IE11.jpg Key-03_Outlook 2007.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  25. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Just tried this using the movietime.cc website. MBAM Pro blocks and notifies. If I click "exclude website" on the MBAM pop-up and load movietime.cc again the browser will display that domain/page. I'm using HMPAlert build 183 and MBAM Pro 2.1.6.1022 (which is the latest release build but may not be available via internal updater yet). I do have HMPA files and folders excluded in MBAM (malware exclusions) to prevent interference.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.