HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. erikloman

erikloman Developer

I recommend choosing Alert or MBAE. Do not run them together.

2. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

That is my experience with MBAE and Chrome.

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just booted into the snapshot a short while ago, and got numerous repeating fly-outs advising of an update to HMPA. However, clicking on X does not get rid of it.

HMPA_update _update fly-out_ can't close it_02.gif

4. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

build 141,when trying to watch netflix get attack intercepted?Chrome and ie11
    When i disable exploit mitigation netflix has no problems

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Did a clean install of build 141, and left the scan after install checked. HMP was already installed, but not updated to the most recent build. Even though HMP was updated and the new build succesfully completed the scan, Alert still said scan cancelled in the GUI.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Alert prevents the KeePass ''Login window" from opening in Secure Desktop.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Something I am starting to see is the encryption characters showing up, in IE11. Fortunately I don't use it very often

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

~Yeppers, am starting to see, once again, an initial additional character to the string that I am typing...usually that additional character is a '~'...but not always...see at the start of this post...the '~' is showing.

Baldrick

8. erikloman

erikloman Developer

How weird. Will have a look at the cause of this. Can you show me one of the command line of the many processes listed?

9. erikloman

erikloman Developer

We have this in investigation. The component in Chrome is actually performing a ROP. Expect a fix early next week.

10. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

Good to hear,thanks

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Sorry, too late...I kept clicking, and I cleared the fly-outs. So, I can't show any command line. But, I cleared the update file exe, now, too which was in Local settings > temp. So. I might get a repeat situation when I reboot.

I was just testing the latest MBAR release from Malwarebytes a short while ago, and I got a BSOD.

Upon reboot I again, got the weird occurrence of the many processes starting. Here is the command line for one of them. - "C:\Program Files\HitmanPro.Alert\hmpalert.exe" /alert:2D41ADC7E9BE7ECA

HMPA_update _update fly-out_ can't close it_03.gif

Recent edit: updated my post for changes since original post

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  12. I'm having a big issue with activating my license key in HitmanPro Alert. I can't activate hmpalert.

It always displays the error "A server error occurred". No matter what I do it comes up with same error.

I have a 3 year license that I bought just for activating and using hmpalert. This is quite disappointing.

Someone help?

13. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Don't be disappointed yet. They usually come here in the morning so hang in there. They will fix it.

14. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

If you have run a scan through HMP.A, then you will have HMP installed also. Have you tried to activate in HMP as activating it will also activate HMP.A. Maybe that will work...
    HTH...

15. hotlips69

hotlips69 Registered Member

Having just installed the latest build 141 & I'm having a play with it to see what it does...under "Running Applications" there is a section called "Not Protected" which lists amongst others: Microsoft Outlook 15, DigiGuide, Trillian 5.5

Is there any reason why these are not automatically protected?

Also, is there any reason why something like VLC is not automatically protected as Windows Media Player & JetAudio are?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  16. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Trial license about to expire...is there anywhere I can extend the license during the trial or do I now have to purchase a commercial license to continue testing the Advanced/Pro version. Not an issue to but just wanted to check this before proceeding.

Thanks in advance xor any guidance that can be provided.

Regards, Baldrick

17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

You could send erikloman a PM and ask him very nicely. ;)

18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

@erikloman - see my updated post above, #3712

P.S. I have the command lines for all these. If you want them, I can e-mail you. Just let me know.

19. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Can you try activating via HitmanPro? The activation mechanism in Alert is slightly different. Are you using a proxy?

20. erikloman

erikloman Developer

The Software Radar detects many apps. The apps you mentioned are indeed not automatically protected. But as you can see, just click on them and choose a category and you are done.

Not sure why VLC isn't listed. Are you using a portable version? Alert scans several file extensions to obtain the paths to the installed media players.

21. markloman

markloman Developer

22. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the showing HMPA in action against CryptoWall. By the way since you made the RC available maybe link to this thread too...?

23. JohnMiller

JohnMiller Registered Member

@erikloman I keep getting this alert for google chrome. Seems to be random, but I might notice it more when I use a VPN (PIA) I will try to pay attention to the patterns more. http://pastebin.com/SmkDNwzj

24. erikloman

erikloman Developer

What AVs are you using?

25. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

Just moved from v2.6.5 to test the latest v3 beta (default settings with vaccination, AV is Emsisoft, W8.1 64-bit). I am finding that (embedded) flash videos in Chrome (64-bit v40) take almost 10 seconds to appear (showing a black window for that time and Chrome maxes out a CPU core). If I uninstall HMPA then they will appear immediately. Is this to be expected with the extra protection as it does affect usability?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.