HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. guest

guest Guest

SecureAPlus, and maybe MBA in those days. Could it be a incompatibility with a Browser addon? I don't have any other addon or program with similar features than HPA and MBAE, I will try again and if it happens again I will report it.

Thanks for your answer

2. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Yes, that's what I already do.
    Yes, you already did, but this is an opportunity to be more complete:
    • Windows 7 SP1 x64 English
    • Emsisoft Internet Security 9
    • EMET 5.1
    • MBAM 2.0.4 Premium (so with Real-Time protection)
    • Sandboxie 4.14
    I already uninstalled Zemana AntiLogger because of possible overlap.

3. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

I don't use Firefox, but plugin-container.exe needs to run in my browser in order for Flash to work and play videos.
    Other alternative is to disable plugin container and use Flash that way. From what I understand each plugin is
    loaded separately from browser in a plugin-container.exe process, allowing the main browser process to stay open if a plugin crashes.

4. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

All things A-OK now with b141. Thanks! I’m trying on my Core 2 Duo test system more and more of the apps I use on my every-day i7 desktop. I Mitigated as Other two of my long-favorite but somewhat obscure apps, ClipTrap and POP Peeper which I run 100%, without issue. My test system doesn’t support the hardware assist so that’s still an unknown for me.

I assume this guy appears on the desktop as a result of checking “Show live Keystroke Encryption...” under the window border options. But it doesn’t go away when it’s un-checked unless "Show colored window border..." is also un-checked too. (FYI: my Taskbar location is Top.)

HMPAks.jpg

Wish list:
    •I repeat my request to add option to disable start with Windows.
    •A tutorial on the different Mitigations templates.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  5. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Should there be a blue border around youtube videos now with build 141?

6. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

I am running Pro 1.9.3.602 with keystroke encryption disabled. No problems noted, also under Windows 7 SP1 x64 English.

7. guest

guest Guest

First of all: imho it doesn't make sense to add mitigations to *every* application. 99% of the time exploits will just focus on commonly used software.

About the different mitigation templates: In the registry you can find a list of all the mitigations that are enabled for a specific profile.

Attached Files:

8. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

1) A good opinion. But I'm testing and some of what I do is let's-see-what-happens-if...
    2) That's not a tutorial.
    Thanks.

9. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

Some of you guys seem to be a "bit" over armored...

Use a basic antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials, aka known as Windows defender) , a specialized antimalware (Malwarebytes Antimalware-Pro) and HMP.Alert, to protect from exploits, and you are fine...
    Like me :)

10. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

A few questions about Hitman Pro:

1. Assuming you buy a license, should you download it on your system or should you use it as an online scanner only?
    2. How often is it recommended to run a scan assuming normal circumstances and a competent av with real-time scanning?
    3. If there is a bad attack, like a trojan dropper which takes over all your resident (downloaded) security, if Hitman Pro is loaded on your computer is it susceptible to being hijacked? If it is, can you attempt to use Hitman Pro as an online scanner and use the current license for cleanup? It seems even if Internet is disabled, you can still use it in Safe Mode as either resident or online scanner, correct?

11. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

I see some are using EMET, MBAE and HMPA . " Over armored " and then some.

12. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

13. erikloman

erikloman Developer

We have enabled the updater in Alert CTPs and RCs. All pre-release versions of Alert 3 are currently being updated to release candidate build 141.

If you don't want to wait for the check-for-update-timer to elapse, right click on Alert's tray icon and choose "Check for update".

14. guest

guest Guest

Hi Erik, I remember now I was using MBAE and Spyshelter together with HPA, so if there is not incompatibility with MBAE maybe it was with Spyshelter.

15. zakazak

zakazak Registered Member

Suggestion:

• Let me tempoerarily disable protection.. e.g. when installing important updates (like BIOS) that could cause "high damage" when being interrupted by security software.

16. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I download 141 yesterday but did not restart after the update. Today i could not boot my computer because my keyboard did not work and i could not type in my Windows Password. I had to boot in Safe Mode and then clear my password so that i did not have one. I then restarted and my keyboard still did not work when i got to my desktop. I uninstalled 141 and restarted. The Keyboard is working now.

17. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Are you running another anti-keylogging solution?

EDIT: Oh I see Zemana Anti-Logger as well in your sig.

Reinstall Alert and disable Keystroke Encryption and BadUSB protection as it might conflict with your existing anti-keylogger.

Did you had issues with previous builds?

18. Dragon1952

All i had enabled in 140 and 141 was Vaccination and CryptoGuard from what i remember. My guess is that the keyboard problem happened because of not restarting until the next morning and boot. I just installed 141 again and restarted. The keyboard is working and everything seems to be good. Should i Enable Exploit Mitigations because i am also running MBAE. Do they work together or should i only use one of them.

19. guest

guest Guest

HitmanPro.Alert 3 stopping CVE-2015-0311 Flash 0day --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50ss-BaTvY (Credits to @markloman)

If you have a HitmanPro or an MBAE license, then it doesn't make sense to run both at the same time. Although running both at the same time probably won't result in a noticeable they should both be able to block the most common type of exploits and malicious macro's.

20. Dragon1952

I enabled Exploit Mitigations for only Chrome in Alert 3 because i use MBAE which does not work good with Chrome so i Deactivated the Shield for it.

21. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Erik,

Just to let you know .. I send you a crash dump that I had for v141
    Code:
    Faulting application name: hmpalert.exe, version: 3.0.24.141, time stamp: 0x54c27208
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0xf1eef1ee
    Faulting process id: 0x7f8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d037c3289aebca
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\HitmanPro.Alert\hmpalert.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 390e8aa5-a41f-11e4-9bbc-028037ec0200

Al

22. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi erikloman

Build 141RC working with no problems here. :thumb:

With regards
    Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

23. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Working fine here.
    Is that official or just your experience?

24. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

There seems to be no border around Adobe Reader now.

25. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Yes. That is intentional. We are working on that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.