HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by erikloman, May 25, 2012.

1. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Alert will fall into free mode once the license expires.

You can switch into Advanced Interface via the gear icon next to the minimize button. In the Advanced Interface you can turn on/off every single feature/option.

Hope this helps.

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Are you using the Advanced Interface? If not click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right corner of Alert and choose Advanced Interface. Then find the icon under "Risk reduction" that looks like a syringe and click in; there you will find the vaccination settings ie Active/Passive/Disabled. Hope this answers your question.

3. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi erikloman

It certainly does...many, many thanks...I had completely missed the Advanced interface setting but am there now.

One last question for the moment...about the Safe Browsing feature. As far as I can tell it only protects installed browsers/seems to ignore portable versions of browsers? I run a mix of browsers, for testing purposes, on my systems, some of which are the portable version of Chrome, Palemoon, Waterfox & Iron Portable, and none of these are recognised as active and so, I presume, are not protected by HP.A v3?

If that is the case is there any plan to include cover for portable versions of browsers, as their use is becoming more popular from what I can see?

Apologies for the incessant questions. Your time on this is much appreciated.

Regards, Baldrick ;)

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Victek

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond...all sorted now.

Cheers, Baldrick

5. erikloman

erikloman Developer

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Erik

Something I've started to notice with Build 131, is the encryption isn't working correctly with IE. If I type in the url box, the encrypted characters appear. Not a real biggy but thought you'd want to know.

Pete

7. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

This is what I've been seeing since build 125 - no problems before that.

8. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Just tried entering wilders in the IE11 address bar and it has come up encrypted as before but what I noticed this time that I hadn't before was that although the green HMP.A border was showing and the little shield was in the bottom right corner there was no orange pop-out from the green shield showing the encrypted characters while I was typing as happens with Chrome and Firefox. It seems as though the encrypted keystrokes are appearing in the url/address bar instead of at the green shield and the correct characters are being redirected/going elsewhere. Is this what is happening?

9. Peter2150

Hi Dark Star

Frankly I don't know. I just made a change up in SBIE and now IE and encryption are working properly. So I can say with absolute conviction, I haven't a clue :)

Pete

10. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

What change did you make in Sandboxie?

11. Peter2150

Changed versions. I briefly went back to 4.14, and now again on the latest beta. Problem is I don't know when the messed up encryption started, I only know when I went back to the latest beta it started working. Unfortunately I don't know enough to draw any conclusions at all. Duh!

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am not in the snapshot, which is running HMP.A, for the moment...However, I take what you say a under advisement. I take system interrupts and System values as a guide as shown by ScreenShot_System_parameters_01.gif Process Explorer, for showing any potential conflicts.

So, I will continue to run as many security programs as I choose. ;) Long may I and the system run. :)

13. Peter2150

Hi Tarnak

You know Rasheed has a point. But as you say you are free to run what you want. Just don't be upset when you have a problem and the first thing you are told is you are running too much stuff.

Pete

14. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Hi Pete,

I won't get upset...I'll just blame the software. ;)

15. Peter2150

ROFL

16. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I have always reverted back to build 120 due to MBAE incompatibility, but that may actually be the case. It's inconsistent at times, but nothing to do with SBIE at my end.

17. Peter2150

You should pick one and run with it, and since we are in the alert thread I'll express my opinion and recommend Alert

18. MikeRepairs

MikeRepairs Registered Member

I own a couple computer repair shops and currently a reseller for MBAM. For the past year I have been putting MBAM premium and HMP.A on all customer computers along with Spywareblaster and (MSE or Windows Defender). I like the concept of HMP.A 3 extra features.

My question is: Should I start selling HMP instead of MBAM? I have been selling MBAM for 5 years.

19. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Except this time, EMET or MBAE probably isn't the problem since even you have experienced it. I wonder what happened to the rapid updates we've had when previously reporting these problem.

20. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Why not just sell both, they are compatible and should work well together, you shouldn't use MBAE and HMPA together.

Or sell MBAM and MBAE. I'm assuming you don't have an exclusive agreement with MBAM so that you could sell both MBAM and HMPA if you chose to do so?

21. guest

guest Guest

If a fix would have been that easy it would have already been published. Stacking HMPA and EMET/MBAE still isn't the best idea. Just stick to HMPA or EMET or MBAE.

22. Peter2150

Eh, maybe they took time off for the holidays?

23. J_L

J_L Registered Member

24. XIII

XIII Registered Member

I have recently purchased several HitmanPro (Alert) licenses (Black Friday deal), but not activated them yet (waiting for the final release?).

Which of the following programs of my current setup can/should I remove once I migrate to HPA, if any?

- EMET
    - Emsisoft Internet Security
    - Malwarebytes AntiMalware Premium (Lifetime)
    - FoolishIT CryptoPrevent
    - Zemana AntiLogger
    - Sandboxie Personal (Lifetime)

I guess CryptoPrevent and AntiLogger are candidates to remove? (I'm note sure how EMET relates to HPA)

25. Peter2150

This is just my opinion, but I would remove:

FoolishIT CryptoPrent. Alert covers it
    Zemana Antilogger Again Alert coverst it.
    EMET Alert covers it

That's it for me.

Pete

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.