Hitman Pro?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kdm31091, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

It's safe. It's developed in the Netherlands by Mark Loman (HitmanPro.NL) en Michel Wester (WebSonic.NL).
    It allows you to run several Anti-Malware softwares, one after another, but I tried it a long time ago. The software must have been changed alot since then.

3. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Didn't really use it yet but noticed it was downloading all the setup packages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spysweeper etc, some of which expire. So does it simply download all the programs for you, or does it wrap them all into the same interface?

4. ErikAlbert

I remember that HitmanPro collects all kinds of existing Anti-Malware scanners, but I don't remember how it works.
    Does it only collects the Anti-Malware scanners on your computer ?
    Or does it collect a fixed group of Anti-Malware scanners from the internet ?

This is easy to verify, because you know the Anti-Malware scanners on your computer. If HitmanPro collects more scanners than you have on your computer it gets them from the internet. I guess HitmanPro allows you to remove the scanners you don't want to run.

The "advantage" of HitmanPro is that you can run all your scanners with just one hit.
    But what happens with a scanner that found threats, will HitmanPro wait until you remove them or will it continue with the next scanner and keep the removal screen of each scanner on your desktop ?
    I can't remember this, but I must have ditched HitmanPro for some reason.
    And of course some scanners are free and others aren't free. Is that a problem or not.
    You have to investigate these things. Is HitmanPro really practical to use or not ?

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Just had a play around with Hitman Pro, i'd say it would be best used if a someone had a malware problem they needed to fix. I mean no malware on earth is gonna get past Spybot/Ad-aware/Spysweeper/Spyware Doctor/Ewido and whatever else was included.

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Trying it out myself. I like the AIO style. Curious though, under AV options to d\l Nod32 is grayed out. o_O :rolleyes:

7. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

In earlier versions of Hitman NOD32 was automatically installed. This would cause conflicts when another AV was already installed.

8. ThunderZ

Thanks. Makes sense....sort of. But,you knew that was coming. LOL Why are McAfee and one other, do not remember right now, still available as options? Any 2 AV`s on the same machine may cause conflicts. What am I missing here? :blink:

9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I believe Hitman Pro while never rougue. Used to use programs against their EULA. If not still, I don't know. And one of those programs was NOD32. Especially since the version of NOD32 included was an unauthorized engineered on demand NOD32 version.

So I hope this helps.

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I recall an issue in the past with the author of Hitman Pro and Javacool. Seems permission was not given to include the SpywareBlaster program.

I have no idea if that was ever resolved.

snowbound

11. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

SpywareBlaster was another but I do not know whether that was ever resolved with javacool or not o_O ...

12. ThunderZ

It is still included. Maybe the javacool Rep. will pop in on this thread and let us know. Will go a long way in helping me to decide if I continue to use it.

13. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

The one thing that I do not think is right is that the author of HitMan Pro asks for donations. There is a lot of freeware/donation-ware that he uses and I believe the funds/donations should go to the author of those and not to the HitMan... Just my two cents :ninja: ...

14. snowbound

I sent JC a pm asking him to comment on this issue.

snowbound

15. ThunderZ

:thumb: Much appreciated Snowbound. While the AIO is nice. if it is on the "shady" :ninja: side of programming then I believe an un-install is in order.

16. snowbound

No problem Thunder. :)

Hopefully he will shed some light on this.

snowbound

17. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

I don't know. I checked their Dutch website and it has a matrix that lists SuperDAT VirusScan, but the link isn't working.

Nothing ;)

18. ThunderZ

:D Once in a while I almost know what I am talking about.:p Wonder if Nod did`t crack down on him using their engine and instead of deleting the code from Hitman, he just disabled it. Another thing, sense I have uninstalled it pending word from JC I am again working from memory, the vers. of Spyware Dr. included is only the trial vers. Guessing it will cease to function after the normal trial period. Another thing I did not like is the fact that it added at least 2 running processes at start up. Seeing as how I only wanted it for on demand scans this is not acceptable.

19. ErikAlbert

As I said before, I must have had a reason to ditch HitmanPro in the past, but I don't remember it, there was something wrong, maybe your unacceptable one did it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.