Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. guest

guest Guest

5 minutes ... :'(
    But i don't see a difference on my system (always 4-5 minutes each scan).

Have a look at "Objects scanned / Files scanned". If this has increased, then a longer scan time can also be expected.

2. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Oh, OK @mood. There is little stuff on these machines besides Windows. It is probably nit-picking; the faster times were noticed 6-plus months previously. :)

3. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi @erikloman and Hi @markloman

Can you check the 2 Files and whitelisted the 2 Files please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the Files to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

4. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Can you check the 1 File and whitelisted the 1 File please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the Files to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

5. Sharlugo

Sharlugo Registered Member

Hello,

I have a Windows 8.

I had a piet2eix3l virus in my computer so I searched how to get rid of it.

I found this website (https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-piet2eix3l-com/) suggesting me to try several anti virus softwares including Hitman Pro.

So I ran it and it found 1 thing to get rid of then it asked me to restart my computer to fully delete the thing.

The drama starts after I restarted my computer...

• I now have no internet connection (although I'm typing this from a different computer logged on the same wifi)

• the Windows Explorer shortcut doesn't open, when I click it it refreshes the home screen so I can only access my files from the bin shortcut

• some shortcuts located at the bottom right (next to the time and date) are missing

• it got rid of my Avira antivirus and desactivated the Windows firewall.
    I hope someone can help me because I'm really worried.

Thanks in advance.

6. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

If you followed the steps as described at that MalwareTips.com page, you may have done more than only running HitmanPro (like for instance removing software via Windows "Programs and Features"), so it is hard to say what was the cause (or multiple causes) of your issues.

With some luck, using Windows System Restore to restore your system to a previous state may help.

If that does not help, you may need to undo the things you did based on the MalwareTips.com info.

Regarding HitmanPro, you can open the user interface, select Settings (Paramètres), History (Historique), Quarantine (Quarantaine), select the quarantined items and select Restore (Restaurer).

Good luck.

7. Sharlugo

Sharlugo Registered Member

I did the Windows System Restore and it worked with a minimum loss of files ! Thanks !

8. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

Probably best to back up your data, wipe your drive, and re-install Windows.

Running system restore can also restore malware.

9. Adric

Adric Registered Member

False Positive
    Code:
    HitmanPro 3.7.20.286
    www.hitmanpro.com

Computer name . . . . : 20FU-CTO1
       Windows . . . . . . . : 6.1.1.7601.X86/4
       User name . . . . . . : **************
       UAC . . . . . . . . . : Disabled
       License . . . . . . . : Free

Scan date . . . . . . : 2017-10-08 10:51:55
       Scan mode . . . . . . : Normal
       Scan duration . . . . : 1m 16s
       Disk access mode  . . : Direct disk access (SRB)
       Cloud . . . . . . . . : Internet
       Reboot  . . . . . . . : No

Threats . . . . . . . : 1
       Traces  . . . . . . . : 2

Objects scanned . . . : 924,933
       Files scanned . . . . : 8,640
       Remnants scanned  . . : 109,556 files / 806,737 keys

Miniport ____________________________________________________________________

Primary
          DriverObject . . . : 864C7A48
          DriverName . . . . : \Driver\iaStorA
          DriverPath . . . . : \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\iaStorA.sys
          StartIo  . . . . . : 00000000 +0
          IRP_MJ_SCSI  . . . : 91ABAC90 \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\hmpalert.sys+97424
       Solution
          DriverObject . . . : 864C7A48
          DriverName . . . . : \Driver\iaStorA
          DriverPath . . . . : \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\iaStorA.sys
          StartIo  . . . . . : 00000000 +0
          IRP_MJ_SCSI  . . . : 8B7A6784 \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\storport.sys+34692

Malware _____________________________________________________________________

D:\ThinApps\NirSoft\ipnetinfo.exe
          Size . . . . . . . : 57,552 bytes
          Age  . . . . . . . : 191.3 days (2017-03-31 04:43:28)
          Entropy  . . . . . : 7.6
          SHA-256  . . . . . : 5343CE1ED67823F1DEE1FC6085378E5B6C9EB644FF8DB7450DC7ED302B15377B
          Product  . . . . . : IPNetInfo
          Publisher  . . . . : NirSoft
          Description  . . . : IPNetInfo
          Version  . . . . . : 1.77
          Copyright  . . . . : Copyright © 2004 - 2017 Nir Sofer
          RSA Key Size . . . : 2048
          LanguageID . . . . : 1033
          Authenticode . . . : Valid
        > HitmanPro  . . . . : App/NirSoft-Gen
          Fuzzy  . . . . . . : 101.0
          References
             HKU\S-1-5-21-3316839343-630143167-398648812-1000\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\D:\ThinApps\NirSoft\ipnetinfo.exe

10. thinnling

thinnling Registered Member

Hello. I just ran my daily hitman Pro scan and it found something interesting. It's saying that Windows 7.exe is malware. It's located in Program Data/Windows 7 folder. The only way to access file is to got to Folder Options > View > and uncheck Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended) which makes me feel that it couldn't be malware. Anyone else run into this problem? Got a solution?

11. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

12. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

Anything that claims to be a Windows system file which is running from the Program Data folder, or anywhere else except the Windows folder, should be immediately suspect.

I actually don't recall ever seeing a file "Windows 7.exe" in Windows 7. Sounds suspicious to me!!!

13. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I have never seen a legit Windows 7.exe file

14. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'm certain that it is malware. You could of course scan the file at VirusTotal for a second opinion, but I have no doubts that it is unwanted and should be removed.

15. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Erik, can you please whitelist this?
    Bump

16. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Can you check the 10 Files and whitelisted the 10 Files please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the Files to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

17. james246

james246 Registered Member

Anyone know when Hitman Pro/Alert will have real time malware protection implemented?

18. pablozi

pablozi Registered Member

19. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

@erikloman and @markloman: It seems HMP has discovered LeCRUD on here, ooh la la. I have submitted the hash to Jotti, which deemed this clean via 18 scanners. Please to consider this a false positive, it is actually Lenovo's BIOS update utility files for my little workstation. Thanks. :) Edit: corrected # of scanners from 16.

hmp lenovo det.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2017
  20. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Can you check the 2 Files and whitelisted the 2 Files please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the Files to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

21. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Here is an apparent false finding running antimalware from Alert 721. Although the Internet icon was clear, there was no Internet connection upon restart after un/reinstalling 721 (to check a shutdown issue). Separate HitmanPro and EEK scans were clean so this finding shouldn't be there even with a compromised Internet connection, right? Wondering whether the beta Alert 721 can affect Internet connection after un/resintall.

Windows Defender has exploit guards/protected folders OFF. Network is "public."

Untitled.jpg

hmp log.PNG

Edit: Troubleshooter for Internet connection problems revealed "unable to detect network proxy" if that helps. Again this arose following an un/reinstall of Alert 721.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2017
  22. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Can you check the 1 File and whitelisted the 1 File please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the Files to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

23. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

My license for HitmanPro (3 pc' x 3 years) expires in 8 days. Considering my signature, is it worth the cost to renew - or would it just be over-protective? Cost is now quite a bit ($24.95 per pc per year) and I am not wealthy and I hate to squander money on something that isn't really necessary. Would like to hear advice on retention of HMP.

24. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Your browser protections or settings may block the mark that shows there's a dropdown list.
    Click "Buy Now", and next, click in the little field right next to the "HitmanPro 1 PC 1 Year" line, to open the dropdown list.
    Apart from 1 PC 1 Year, there are options for 1 PC 3 Year, 3 PCs 1 Year, and 3 PCs 3 Year, which are relatively cheaper options than the 1 PC 1 Year option.
    (The same applies to the options for HitmanPro.Alert.)

25. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

It looks like you can scan on-demand with four different products already @JohnBurns, is that not plenty? If you feel less secure if you give up HitmanPro, well EEK just garnered the top seat for best on-demand again. I would be happy with that. :)

Still doesn't have the two PC option according to @Stupendous Man. Can't SurfRight change that sometime? One or three, not much of an option.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.