Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Fad

Fad Registered Member

Thankyou, working fine now on 280

2. anon

anon Registered Member

:confused:
    HitmanPro 3.7.13 Build 257 (64-bit) Stable, and Save Log button works fine.

Attached Files:

3. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi @erikloman and Hi @markloman

Can you check the 1 File and whitelisted the File please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the File to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

4. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Can you check the 1 File and whitelisted the File please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the File to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

5. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Can you check the 4 Files and whitelisted the 4 Files please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the Files to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

In link in your post it indicates detects but doesn't remove which is how it is now. The paid version of HMP not only detects but removes malware and the paid version also includes HMP.Alert. Not sure what the future holds since Sophos bought them.

8. markloman

markloman Developer

We aren't aware of this and the product is not for free. Home users still receive a one-time 30 days license to remove malware. Business users need to purchase a license immediately in order to be able to remove detected malware.

The logo on the site is from HMPA and not HMP. Also the link on the Sophos site is pointed to a very outdated webpage on the SurfRight website. It should be this one: http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/intronew

We'll contact Sophos about this. HMP is not deprecated this year. Nothing has changed.

9. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Thank you - so i think Sophos is fishing for emails

10. Anguel

Anguel Registered Member

To reply to my own question: IMHO all of this was caused because some HitmanPro exploit test tool was tagged as a virus by Norton and therefore the whole hitmanpro.com domain was blacklisted and therefore redirected by Norton's DNS servers which I had configured for DNS at that time. HitmanPro updates also stopped working because of this. I have contacted Hitman and they let Norton unlist their site so everything seems to work now.

11. ronald739

ronald739 Registered Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  12. cavehomme

cavehomme Registered Member

Either HMP stopped working, or it's working in an enigmatic way that I don't understand.

During the past few weeks on a Windows 10 machine I downloaded 30 email attachments to test Webroot and Windows Defender 10 detection ability. WD caught most on on download, but Webroot caught zero, even after manual scan after download. For several samples I then checked again with HMP, but it detected no malware on manual scan.

I noticed that HMP did not even upload to Virustotal to check there. So then I manually uploaded those samples to Virustotal, and typically at least 50% of the vendors identified the samples as trojans or other malware. This included most times Bitdefender and / or Kaspersky, who I understand supply HMP scan engine?

So why did not HMP quarantine these malware samples earlier when I scanned? Even if HMP was faulty, why did the other Virustotal results not trigger a warning by HMP?

Anyway, I guessed I may have some problems with HMP on Windows 10, for various reasons, despite re-installing. So tonight I tried a different approach, I took out my old laptop, with Win 7, and installed HMP latest version. Then I downloaded a few virus samples from my junk mail folder, and manually scanned each one with HMP. The result was that each file was passed as OK by HMP ! Zero malware !!

So then I uploaded those 6 files to Virustotal, the files were identified as malware by BD and Kaspersky scanners, so why didn't HMP catch them! I then checked the same files with MS Security Essentials and 5 from 6 files were quarantined correctly, but HMP was 0 / 6 !

What is happening with HMP? Two different PCs with two different OS !!!o_O

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  13. JayKatai

JayKatai Registered Member

Licensing question.

If I re-image my PC back to a time before I installed HMP/HMPA and then install HMP/HMPA would it count as a different PC or will it activate fine?

I'm a power user, so I re-image a lot but I just had a big headache trying to get my licence reactivated because my motherboard died. I don't want to go through that again.

14. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

@erikloman
    @markloman

HitmanPro
    3.7.13 Build 258 with Kickstart 2.3
    Windows 10 64 bit

After system boot, HitmanPro will start system scan per my settings.

However, on W10 the scan will trigger (2) separate toast notifications that the scan will be initiated.

I think it is an MS issue and not a SurfRight issue; MS has quirky implementation of toasts on W10 version 1511.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016
  15. L10090

L10090 Registered Member

Attached Files:

16. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Can you check the 3 Files and whitelisted the 3 Files please. I use the FP function into the Programm to submit the Files to you

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

17. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I wonder, if HMP will ever work with Network Store Interface Service disabled with a working internet? :doubt:

Attached Files:

18. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

19. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

20. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered Member

BIG Questions, but, NO answers by the folks in the know...??!! Action please...

21. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Are the files you are testing PE files (EXE, DLL, etc.) or scripts or documents?

22. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

23. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

24. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Hi Erik, can you think of a reason why v257 might not auto-update to v258? All my systems auto-updated
    except Win7. I've never had this situation before. No big deal - just curious.

25. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.