Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. lucien_phoenix

lucien_phoenix Registered Member

HitmanPro 3.7.9 Build 221 arrives via Autoupdate and runs fine on my win7 32 bit machine. Thx @erikloman :cool:

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Thank you! Working great! Scan and cookie cleanup just became a lot faster! :)

3. alan1476

alan1476 Registered Member

I already own 2 licenses for Hitman Pro 64bit, I built a 3d computer, I want to buy the 3 computer license, can I activate each computer separately, because if I cannot, I have to wait to buy until the other 2 licenses run out or I lose time on those licenses.

4. erikloman

erikloman Developer

The time begins upon activating the license on the first computer.

5. alan1476

alan1476 Registered Member

Thank you Mark, that's means I have to lose time on my other two licenses, so I will wait, until they all expire and use a competitive product until I can buy Hitamn Pro 3 computer license and activate them all at the same time. Seems kind of anti business to me, but its your business and maybe you will have something better come Black Friday.

6. ruke0

ruke0 Registered Member

Hi all,
    I am having a problem with HitmanPro. It stops working while scanning after about 30 seconds when either it finds a few tracking cookies or is at classifying (1%).
    I have uninstalled, re downloaded, and re installed and no change. running x64 on win 8.1 pro.
    any ideas?

7. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi Erik

I have 3 Files for you to check and for whitelist

Any infos for Hitman Pro 3.8

Any infos for Hitman Pro 3.9

Any infos for Hitman Pro 4.0

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

8. Rafales

Rafales Registered Member

Hi,
    I could not find option to add files and folders to be excluded while scanning. I'm using trial version of Hitman Pro. Can someone confirm ?

9. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello Rafales,

Yes, I can confirm that there is no option to exclude files and folders from scans...

10. erikloman

erikloman Developer

11. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Thanks erikloman as I, for one, did not know that. I learn something new everyday ;) ...

12. Rafales

Rafales Registered Member

Hi erikloman,
    Thanks for your reply. Is there any specific reason why this feature (exclude files and folders) is not included in GUI.
    This option is a useful feature, since I can add and remove file and folders when I need. Doing the same in command prompt every time may not be comfortable in my opinion. If possible request you to add this option/feature in your next release.

13. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

That's a good question, one that I've been wondering and posted about for a long time. The command line switch is a big "So what?"

Ages ago when I first tried HMP, I noticed all of my self-extracting archives (have exe extensions) containing, among other personal data, login data for online financial and commerce activities got blown out, thankfully over HTTPS. The self-extractions are Serpent 256 encrypted and contain AES encrypted zip files, all with 24-36 character passwords. So I wasn't all that concerned, but I was still extremely angered by that.

Now when I run HMP, it's with the "Automatically upload unknown..." setting disabled. Which IMHO should be the default setting.

And until the exclusions for files and folders is an integrated feature of the GUI, I'll avoid paying for what is otherwise a superb application.

Cheers.

14. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Erik, i'm not sure if you are aware of the "BAD USB" exploit mentioned here. Basically what happens is the usb microprocessor gets re-programmed by malware to do its thing. Since the source of the attack is in the USB microprocessor, Antivir/AntiMalware programs currently cannot detect these type of infection since they do not scan the code in these controllers/microprocessors. Looks like the AV and USB industry has some work cut out for them to overcome this kind of exploit. I assume HMP and HMPAlert are in the same boat.

15. erikloman

erikloman Developer

The whole thing seems overbloated. In order for BadUSB to do something it has to work together with the operating system, like it could deploy a driver or malware. This can be seen by security solution. Network redirection to USB can also be detected. The attack is interesting though. Looking forward to read the BlackHat presentation.

16. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

17. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi Erik

Here is my part 1 from my scan today can you check and whitelist my 1 File please

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

18. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi Erik

Here is my part 2 from my scan today can you check and whitelist my 5 Files please

With best Regards
    Mops21

Attached Files:

19. ConnorTSI

ConnorTSI Registered Member

Greetings;

This is a snip from an ancient post in this thread (2010), but I noticed this feature mentioned in one of the early releases:
    • Added XSLT stylesheet to the XML log file allowing the XML file to be pretty formatted as HTML.
    Is this still a live feature? I'm interested in being able to parse and display the results of the XML as HTML in a Custom Tab in Labtech.

20. hyacinthe

hyacinthe Registered Member

Hello,
    My Microsoft Security Essentials has been compromised. I cannot update nor uninstall it.
    Following this guide I am trying to boot on a Hitman Pro Kickstart USB to fix the permissions. I downloaded and created the bootable USB on a sane computer.
    I'm able to boot on the USB, but when windows starts to boot, I get a Blue Error Screen (BSOD) just before/during the windows login.
    Any thoughts on what may cause this error?

21. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Hello Hyacinthe,

I can't help you with the BSOD, I don't know what's the cause.
    But first:

Did you get an 0x80073b01 error message, to begin with?
    The suggestion in the Microsoft Community Wiki Article "Uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials" that you mention, to use HitmanPro.Kickstart, that is to repair MSE and remove the root kit virus, ZeroAccess/Sirefef, in case of an infection with such a root kit virus.

In other cases, if there is no root kit infection, the solution is as mentioned on this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2435760, where there is also mentioned the Microsoft Fix it solution http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9748340 to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.
    In case there was no 0x80073b01 error message and there is no root kit virus infection, you should first try that solution, instead of using HitmanPro.Kickstart.

Good luck.

22. erikloman

erikloman Developer

I've whitelisted the files.

23. erikloman

erikloman Developer

HitmanPro 3.7.9 Build 223 BETA

Changelog
    • IMPROVED: Multiple improvements to scanning autorun entries on 64-bit systems
    • IMPROVED: NTFS reader
    • UPDATED: Embedded white lists
    Download
    www.hitmanpro.com/downloads/beta

Please let me know how this version runs on your computer :thumb:

24. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Soon ...:thumb:

25. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Scanning...

ScreenShot_HMP_v3.7.9 Build 223 Beta_02.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.