Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Toms01

Toms01 Registered Member

OK, I've got a computer here with the Homeland security ransomware.

I downloaded and installed hitman pro/kickstart onto a USB drive (actually 4 of them) the first one would not boot to the screen to choose 1, 2 or 3. So I made another, using a WinXP machine and it will get me to the choose 1,2,3

I choose 1 and it says MBR and then the internal speaker just goes off......beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepp and hangs right there.

So after doing some reading I make another USB from a machine running Win 7. I get the same thing. So Make a third and get the same thing again.

What's going on?

2. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Hi, I hope this is not off topic : I would like to know if there is an equivalent to Hitman Pro for Mac OS X ? Thanks.

Edited : in the mean time, I found IAntivirus which is an on demand scanner by Norton, seems close to Hitman but using just one detection engine, so my question remains.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Starting to get annoying...:(

ScreenShot_HMP_annoying_01.gif

4. markloman

markloman Developer

We've just released HitmanPro 3.7.7 build 202 !!

There are several improvements but the most visible changes are the updated graphics and the fact that Kaspersky Lab joined Bitdefender and Emsisoft as in-cloud signature-based scanner. We now have the top 3 best tested antivirus products in our cloud, helping to immediately identify known malware for you.

If you are an existing user, your HitmanPro will be automatically updated.

5. guest

guest Guest

Emsisoft has Bitdefender signature, why you add both of them?
    Bitdefender has better score because "active virus control". But it is not signature based, like emsisoft mamutu.

I prefer avira/webroot or other engine rather then bitdefender in this case.

Just my idea

6. markloman

markloman Developer

We have never used Emsisoft's Bitdefender engine. We still use Emsisoft because of their own signatures. We are using the Bitdefender SDK so we have direct access to Bitdefender's signatures. Same goes for Kaspersky.

You have HitmanPro's behavioural and forensics-based engine, which is fully responsible for both malware detection and malware removal. Bitdefender, Emsisoft and Kaspersky are our in-cloud partners and they are there to add weight to HitmanPro's built-in threat severity scoring mechanism and so you have an immediate idea what kind of malware you are dealing with.

7. guest

guest Guest

Ok understand, i think about emsisoft consumer product (which has BD engine) but you was talking about emsisoft own engine. it is clear now.

When i add api key to this screen, what will do?

Attached Files:

8. markloman

markloman Developer

You do not need to enter a key because HitmanPro has a general built-in key to access VirusTotal. You only need to specify this field if you want to upload files to VirusTotal using your own VirusTotal key.
    If you haven't used the VirusTotal integration before, it's available after each scan from the action menu; you can access the action menu by clicking on the little arrow at the right side of each detection (Tools / VirusTotal).

9. guest

guest Guest

I am looking new version.
    right click folder scan doesnt scan subfolder

And i check some malware with HMP.
    There are strange situations.
    I scan SHA1:E4DB7FEDFBA6395F32050FC4D0467BC88A95F70F with HMP, it cant dedect.
    But Kaspersky (HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic), Bitdefender(Gen:Variant.Kazy.208582) can dedect it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  10. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

11. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Every time I try to run the latest version of HMP (2.7.7.202), my XP system totally locks up and I have to reboot. I have done this several times now and each time the outcome is the same. Anyone else experiencing this?

Didn't have this problem with 2.7.6. Is there any way of reverting to this previous version without having it automatically update? Or, any other suggestions?

12. goodjohnjr

goodjohnjr Guest

I have had this problem with the last one - three versions of Hitman Pro freezing/crashing my computer a lot with manual scans/start-up scans, and Hitman Pro Support told me to try this settings change:

Hitman Pro Settings | Advanced | Disk Access | Mode | Compatible Disk Access

I have tried this settings change for a week with no freezes/crashes so far, this is a problem that they are aware of, and they are supposed to be working on a fix; but there is no estimate of when it will be fixed at this time.

Good luck,
    -John Jr

13. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

Tom, I just installed the current version on XP Pro SP3 yesterday. Ran fine then and again today after the update. No issues whatsoever, thankfully.

Hope you can find out where the conflict lies.

14. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Thanks for the tip, John -- that seemed to work.

15. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

What happened to G Data and Dr. Web?

16. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

I have the same Problem

I use Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit

Did you Need something dumps or whatever

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  17. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Yep, I just noticed that.
    No issues with this release. (Win7 64)
    No detections (EWS) :)

Attached Files:

• hmp.png
      hmp.png
      File size:
      4.9 KB
      Views:
  18. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I think it's G-Data and Ikarus, I thought Dr. Web was ditched a while ago. It's nice to have a good engine as Kaspersky, but why ditch the other two?

19. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Ikarus had many false positives, so I think they ditched them. I had Hitman point out false positives many times due to Ikarus.

20. alan1476

alan1476 Registered Member

The new version is freezing up my computer like the above posts. I am at a loss here, I have to a cold reboot just to get out of the program? Please advise.

21. alan1476

alan1476 Registered Member

Thank you, this new version 202 will not run in the recommended setting on Windows 7 64bit, your work around fixed it. Thank you.

22. markloman

markloman Developer

23. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Wow impressive move for all......indeed....:D

24. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

25. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

How long does it take for a scan to finish with this updated version?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.