Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

hi Erik ,, when uninstalling my LNK protection is also removed.o_O

2. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Yes.

Uninstall = remove all files related to HitmanPro, this includes the HitmanPro LNK protection. But don't you have Microsoft's update by now? Its been out since July 2010.

3. nikanthpromod

im using xp sp2 .. i couldnt find that update!!

4. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Does HitmanPro shows the Driver Agent's ads to the free version? I mean the unlicensed version?

5. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Yes it did for a period of time as a bundle.

6. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Does that means it should not be shown know? Sorry for the questions :D. I'm kinda confused with all the screenshots shown here. LOL

7. erikloman

erikloman Developer

The unlicensed version always shows an advertisement.

8. kupo

kupo Registered Member

:thumb: Okay, thanks!

9. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

10. erikloman

erikloman Developer

11. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

Of course! lol I wonder why he uninstalled it in the first place

12. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Excellent, good to know, thanks. The issue is finish for me.:)

Bo

13. nikanthpromod

i uninstalled it for a reinstall:cool:
    wont remove it for any reason;)

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Can HMP be set to permanently ignore a domain in the HOSTS file? Currently it warns during every start-up scan.

15. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Currently No. Which domain is triggering?

16. BoerenkoolMetWorst

count.3721.yahoo.com, it's from the MVPS Hosts file, however I changed it to redirect to 255.255.255.0 instead of 127.0.0.1

17. erikloman

erikloman Developer

That is the problem. Change it to 127.0.0.1 for the time being.

18. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Ok, but why does it only detect the yahoo domain then and not the tons of others which are also redirected to 255.255.255.0?

19. kupo

kupo Registered Member

My guess is because yahoo is one of the major sites that malware used to redirect to there site using a host file.

20. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Correct.

21. BoerenkoolMetWorst

22. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

hello.. i have issues with the new "hitmanpro 3.6.0" and i question if it functions properly..

the new version flags a file on my computer which i have been using for years, "yahelite.exe" build 330.5.. "hitmanpro 3.6.0" reports that the file is flagged by both "gdata" and "ikarus" but, when i upload the file to "virustotal", neither of those programs flag the file, there..

i am sure that the "yahelite.exe" file is clean, having submitted it to various av-venders, over the years, as being a "false-positive", which was confirmed.. it gets flagged by some antivirus programs because it is a UPX-packed file..

i am thinking that the hitmanpro 3.6.0 program is failing to upload the "yahelite.exe" file for analysis.. i think that the previous versions of "hitmanpro" did upload the file, for analysis, which is why they, unlike the current version, never flagged the file..

so, i think that "surfright" needs to test the new version of "hitmanpro" to check to make sure that it does upload files for analysis, as it is suppose to..

i also don't like that the new "hitmanpro 3.60" flags my HOSTS file-due to its having an entry in it for "yahoo.com".. if "hitmanpro" is going to scan HOSTS files, i wish it had an option to disable the scanning of HOSTS files.. or, instead, have an "ignore list" where files could be added to it, like the "HOSTS" file and the "yahelite.exe" file..

i tried to send an email to "surfright" with this same information but i never heard back from them so i am not sure if they received the email that i sent, or not.. i have emailed "surfright" before and, in those cases, they always promptly responded..

i like hitmanpro.. i think it is magic.. however the new "hitmanpro 3.6.0" is disappointing.. when i saw that "surfright" was adding new features to the program, with the new version, i was afraid that they were going to screw up the program and it seems that they did..

23. erikloman

erikloman Developer

The YahElite.exe has a 14/43 detection rate at VT. I whitelisted one today and will search for more versions in the cloud.

About the HOSTS feature: why do you add a different IP for yahoo.com?

24. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

When will you Release the update from 3.5 to 3.6 with the Multi Languages in it

25. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

hey erik.. yes, i saw that the "yahelite" file was flagged by several av's at "virustotal".. however, when i run a scan with "hitmanpro 3.6.0" it reports that the file is flagged by "gdata" and "ikarus" and neither of those flag the file, at "virustotal"..

i also will mention that the "yahelite.exe" file that i am using is not the one that is initially installed when installing the "yahelite" program, but is one that is downloaded when the program's updater is run, build 330.5..

a couple of months ago, yahoo changed things around and, consequently, many people, including myself, no longer could get "voice chat" to work, in yahoo chat.. the problem was solved by adding
    "68.180.210.118 vc.yahoo.com" to my HOSTS file..

i also have entries in my HOSTS file for "adobe.com" and "virustotal.com", but the hitmanpro-scan doesn't mention anything about those, just the one for "yahoo.com".. i have entries in my HOSTS file for "adobe.com" and for "virustotal.com" because i want specific ip addresses to be used when going to those websites..

thanks for looking into the issue with the "yahelite.exe" file.. still, as i said before, i question if the new "hitmanpro 3.6.0" uploads files, for analysis, the way that it is suppose to.. surfright could check that..

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.