Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

To Erikloman and Mathijs:

Still needing to fix this trouble. ;)

Thanks in advance !

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Looks like there is some problem with writing to the registry, try the following.

Step 1 - Make sure you write down your Hitman Pro license somewhere on paper, or make sure you have it saved on your pc in a .doc or .txt file. If you own one ofcourse.

Step 2 - Uninstall Hitman Pro 3.5.

Step 3 - Clean up possible remnant files and folders, by deleting the following:
    • open the Start Menu, view All Programs and delete the Hitman Pro 3.5 folder (if available);
    • go to C:\Program Files, delete the Hitman Pro 3.5 folder, if available;
    • go to C:\ProgramData, delete the the Hitman Pro folder (if available). Alternatively use %programdata% as shortcut to navigate to the folder by typing that into the Start Menu search field, so you won't to enable view hidden files and folders;
    • go to C:\Users\**Your Name**\AppData, look in both the Local and Roaming folders, in those two, delete the Hitman Pro folder (if available). Alternatively use the %appdata% shortcut;
    • go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers, delete hitmanpro35.sys if available.
    Step 4 - Clean up possible registry remnants, open regedit.exe. If you are scared of working in regedit first make a System Restore Point:
    • navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software, remove the Hitman Pro folder in the left pane (if available);
    • navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE, remove the Hitman Pro folder in the left pane (if available). If you are using a 64-bit system, also look for an Hitman Pro folder inside SOFTWARE -> SysWOW64.
    Step 5 - Reboot your pc.

Step 6 - Optionally - Download CCleaner if you don't have it already. Navigate to Options -> Advanced, then uncheck the checkmark in front of "only remove Windows Temp files older than 24 hours". Then run the cleaner and the Registry Cleaner, make a backup of the registry on prompt if you want to.

Step 7 - Reinstall Hitman Pro.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
  3. malexous

malexous Registered Member

I want to use a shortcut with /ews but all it does is open Hitman Pro. The same behaviour occurs with /quick. /scanonly, /quiet and /scan all work fine.

Windows 7 x64.

4. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I use the following commandline/shortcut to scan my desktop by just double-clicking the Hitman shortcut. This can be done on any folder of your best wish.

"C:\Program Files\Hitman Pro 3.5\HitmanPro35_x64.exe" C:\Users\INSERT_USER_NAME_HERE\Desktop\

5. erikloman

erikloman Developer

/ews and /quick are command line switches that you must combine with /scan.

Hope this helps.

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Any estimate on a new version? It's been quiet :ninja:

7. erikloman

erikloman Developer

A new version will be out in approx. 1-2 weeks.

8. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Thank you Erik. That works. I should have remembered to read the examples in the Command-Line Reference.

9. sbseven

sbseven Registered Member

I've also got the same issue with the greyed out add shell extension option after installing 3.5.8.118. I also tried the uninstall/reinstall mentioned in #2857, but to no avail... Show "Scan with Hitman Pro" on file and folders in Windows Explorer is still greyed out

Scanning with Hitman Pro works fine and the program is installed within C:\Program Files\

Any further help?
    Thanks.

10. sbseven

I solved my own problem ^^

I'd previously installed Hitman Pro a while back, so I 'knew' it was a standalone EXE. So when I downloaded again onto a clean machine, I just copied the HitmanPro35.exe straight to Program Files. If you do this and then run Hitman Pro for the first time, you DON'T get the "do you want to install / run once" dialog. The program just launches straight into the first scan...

I had to run the HitmanPro35.exe from OUTSIDE Program Files first (after following steps upthread #2857 to reset everything) to get the install option. After installing, the explorer shell extensions option can now be checked.

11. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Seems like the proper solution

12. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

An easy question.

After the 30 day trial period, my HMP went Free, which means I can scan but not action any bugs found. Fair enough, I use HMP because it is very quick and highly acclaimed as an excellent bug finder.

Question ?
    If I get any contaminants listed, will MBAM, Emsisoft AM or AVG pick up the same items so I can then delete them ?

John

13. sbseven

You should have just used HMP Free and only activated the 30 day trial after an infection. You'd always have one free clean up then. Oh well...

Maybe, maybe not. Running different scanners could give different results depending on their methodologies. That's why people tend to rely on more than one product. Cleaning an infection may require a number of products to be sure of being successful.

Personally speaking, if my machine ever got infected, I would never attempt to clean it. I'd just re-image the drive from a backup.

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

MBAM has the File Assassin tool, so if the other scanners would not find the file found by HMP you can manually delete that file using File Assassin.

15. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Sounds brilliant BMW - thanks for the tip.
    John

16. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

Voila! Thanks sbseven, problem solved.:thumb:

When I downloaded HitmanPro I copied it to the Program Files folder. No dice. Just launches to first scan like you say. After reading your post I deleted the EXE from the Program Files folder and then run the EXE from the desktop where it installed and voila. I now have "Scan with Hitman Pro" in the context menu. Well done and thanks.:thumb:

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Is it still incompatible with Comodo Tome Machine, Eaz-Fix etc?

Not that I am insisting for it, just want to know. :)

18. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Here and here

19. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Hitman Pro 3.5.8 build 119 Beta

It has been a few weeks since the previous release. We are extremely busy with some brand new technology :eek::eek::eek:.

Meanwhile we crank out Hitman Pro 3.5.8 build 119 Beta

Changelog
    • Added support for Windows 7 & 2008 SP1
    • Improved method of replacing infected system files
    • Updated internal embedded white list
    • Added Bulgarian language
    • Updated Swedish language

32-bit: http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro35beta.exe
    64-bit: http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro35beta_x64.exe

Please let me know if you find any issues or have any questions. Thank you for testing :thumb:

20. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Re: Hitman Pro 3.5.8 build 119 Beta

Thanks!

21. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I ran the latest beta, and have no issues. (XP Pro SP3).

22. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

No problems with latest beta here either (XP Pro SP3).

23. loekverhees

loekverhees Registered Member

The latest beta seems to be working fine here. I can't find any abnormalities. My configuration is Windows 7 Professional SP1, 32-bits.

24. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Everything seems working all right(Win7 SP1 x64 ultimate.)

25. AdamL

AdamL Registered Member

:) Yes all OK here - Windows 7 32

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.