Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Hakcu

Hakcu Registered Member

Anyone else getting "upload failed" error during the scan of unknown files?
    Thanks

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I did a scan a few hours ago, and got the same thing. ;)

Attached Files:

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Yes, I just got it. :(

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  4. Hakcu

Hakcu Registered Member

Thanks! I thought it was my computer

It seems DACS is getting same problems... any relation?

Attached Files:

• DACS.png
      DACS.png
      File size:
      12.2 KB
      Views:
  5. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Hmmm... how can this be? ¬¬

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

what happened to the cloud servers?

7. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Let me say this once:

THERE IS NO RELATION BETWEEN COMODO DACS AND HITMAN PRO OR SURFRIGHT

Now my PERSONAL opinion and NOT necessarily the opinion of SurfRight:

1. Comodo DACS is using AV detection software without AV vendor permission.
    2. Comodo DACS is sending your files to 80 'volunteers'. Your files get scattered over the internet and scanned by unknowns.

Hitman Pro has permission from EMSI, G Data, Prevx and DrWeb to use their scanners. We have agreements with them. We do not use any other vendors in our cloud.

The files that are uploaded to the Hitman Pro Scan Cloud are scanned on SurfRight servers. The files are kept there for 2 months (to resolve false negatives/positives). After 2 months the files are deleted. No third party has access to these files.

I do not want to see Comodo DACS in this thread again as I am appalled by the idea of Comodo DACS.
    Comodo DACS has serious confidentiality and privacy issues on top of licensing violations.

If you want to talk to me about Comodo DACS then send me a PM.
    Do NOT discuss it in this thread as this thread is about Hitman Pro.

8. erikloman

erikloman Developer

There was an issue with the cloud accepting files. The problem has been solved and measures are taken to prevent this from happening again.

9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I can confirm uploading to scan cloud no longer fails. :thumb:

Edit: for clarification ;)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  10. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I can't confirm, yet!...I am in another snapshot. :) :cool:

11. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Hitman Pro working here. Erik, thumbs up for early warning scoring scan working without an internet connection and assisting to fix a serious malware problem. :thumb:

12. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I'm very curious of what's in the pipeline for Hitman in the next major update! Keep up the good work.

13. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

The next major update will be version 3.6. That version will include remnant scanning and clean up, with that version Hitman Pro could be on par with (or better than, we'll have to see) with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware regarding cleaning capabilities.

After that version 4 will come (as next major upgrade), which I think will surprise us all.

14. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

You seem to have some knowledge about what's in store for v4,can you elaborate at all?

Whatever happens I just hope HMP continues in the same vein,it just keeps getting better.

15. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

No, I don't know. But I guess it will be. Untill now Hitman Pro major upgrades were really upgrades.
    Remember when version 3 came out? That was a complete new product, it had absolutely nothing to do with Hitman Pro v2. The only reason why it is still called Hitman Pro is just to take profit from the name, because Hitman Pro 2 was insanely popular here in the Netherlands (everyone who had some pc knowledge was basically running the same setup I think, Win XP + AVG Free 7 + Hitman Pro 2.)
    Next to that, Hitman Pro (certainly when 3.6) has progressed to a great piece of software. There will be a moment that the Hitman Pro (remember what Hitman Pro is meant to be: a second-opinion malwarescanner suited for people who aren't exactly computer legends) comes close to perfection of the current product. When it reaches that point, the only reason to come with a major upgrade (version 4) is to add new major features/functions.

Just look at the product history.
    Hitman Pro v1 = just a script to automatically download, update and run several scanners
    Hitman Pro v2 = a program to run several scanners in a completely automatic way

Hitman Pro v3 = how we know it by now, an extremely quick program with a behavioral scan (based on file behavior characteristics: fuzzy logic) with third-party partners in the cloud
    Hitman Pro v3.5 = complete rewrite of version 3 (june 2009)

And since that all updates were minor, most updates were improvents, added languages, improvement of TDL rootkit detection and removal, fixes, compatility fixes and so on.
    But also new features like Force Breach, Quick Scan, Winsock Repair, Alternate Disk Acces mode, Compatible Disk Acces mode, complete Settings window overhaul, Alternate Data Streams support, LNK vulnerability protection, new partners were all just called minor updates. So a major update has to surprise us all I think :D.
    If Google would be the author of Hitman Pro, and they would follow the Google Chrome version coding, Hitman Pro would have been version 24.1328.4719237 by now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  16. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

Great elaboration:D

17. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks Matthijs5nl for good profiling of Hitman Pro. Hope to see major surprises with version 4.

18. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Attached Files:

19. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

That ain't a false positive, since it ain't detected.

It is classified as Suspicious and not as Malware. The classification is built upon the behavioral file characteristics. Mind the default action = Ignore.

20. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Hi,

my Hitman Pro bundle license (ESET NOD32 Antivirus) just expired today. So I removed Hitman Pro from my pc. When I removed the drivers\hitmanpro35.sys driver I also saw a file Windows\System32\.crusader (indeed no file name, just an extension); does that file belong to Hitman Pro (removal engine)?

Don't start bashing me for removing Hitman Pro, I will buy a license some day again, just not today.

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

correct, HP usally leaves one in Program Files and one in Data. Safe to delete

22. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Thank you very much can I remove it

23. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I wouldn't remove it, since it probably is part of Opera cache (you might be able to remove it without issue but I don't know).

What I meant to say, it is not a false positive detected by one of the cloud partners.
    That particular file contains file characteristics which are analysed and classified as Suspicious by Hitman Pro. However there is not a cloud partner which detects that particular file. But Hitman Pro classifies that file as suspicious because, the score (based on the file characteristics) is that high, that it thinks it will be malware although none of the cloud partners can confirm that.

24. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I've got a problem. I bought a copy of Hitman Pro last year and now it is expired. Do I have to pay the same price again this year or can I extend my license?

25. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

As far as I know there ain't a possibility to renew your current license, which would mean you have to buy a one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.