HitMan Pro Software--where can I complain??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Margaret Pyron, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Margaret Pyron

Margaret Pyron Registered Member

I just do not know where the Last Known Good Configurations goes to look--if that makes sense...especially with the W7 not making any restore points where it is supposed to..I have already tried going thru the restore point repair.
    I don't know where the drive properties page is that you are referring to above to run chkdsk..
    I cannot do anything in safe mode or safe mode networking--no mouse response.
    If you have any other suggestions, please contact me in a conversation on this forum. I don't have my laptop right now, so can only get on the internet with the Linux Live Disk...so I will check here every day.

Thank you

2. Margaret Pyron

P.S. This problem happened on Feb 3-I think and, so much has happened, I have no idea if I had installed something updated. It does run immediately at start up--but I think I remember it ran at anytime computer was shut down. Even in the same day, so..I just cannot remember that far back.

Yes, I sure don't want to make a copy of infected system. To an outsiders (people like me-general public), it seems like all the products (anti-virus) will pick up things a lot when it is first run, then stops. But another software might find something. I just don't know what really is the best way to protect this computer--when I get it up again..

Also, with Photoshop, there is just a lot of downloading that happens--come mostly in zip files, but also just plain .jpeg , etc..That surely leads me into the unknown a lot. With a ziip, I could just open it, and somesthing bad hops out.!!. Some way, I need to figure out a better way for rescourses..

Thanks

3. What a bad luck, you seem to need to re-install Windows again

4. Margaret Pyron

I couldn't get to the forum yesterday...Oh, me I think you are right---that is why I am trying to get off the things, especially, that are "old"--that I couldn't replace. The thing I totally hate about a re-install--is the re-install !! Ha!
    Seriously, I had an HP that I had to do re-sinstalls on--before they finally gave me a new hard drive, and the updating is really days of 'not fun'.. And I forget about "tiny" ones--until I go to use them and they aren't there. Then too, programs used to come on disks back then,but I have mostly starteded just downloading from internet... I have a lot of the license numbers saved on T'bird too. Yes, I am like an 'accident ready to happen'...

I will ask you since I see your name is Windows_Security , is there anyway to get a W7 dvd without all the Dell mess that was on there when I bought computer?? I know that could be unlikely--knowing about Microsoft issues with valid licenses, but it would be so very nice to get just the program without the Dell programs that I will end up deleting anyway?? I do also have a dvd - separate - with the drivers and utilities ?

Thanks for helping.

5. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

You can legal download links from the end of the following page. Digitalriver, a commerce partner for Microsoft provides the downloads. Be warned though your windows serial will only work with the same version of windows it is given for (home premium, professional,etc.) so download the appropriate version. I would also advise you to download a media refresh version which include service pack 1 and most of recent updates.

Code:
    http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

6. Margaret Pyron

This is very good news. I was so dreading the updates. I did buy Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, but right
    now, I cannot think where the serial no is. And this is a way stupid question, but is it the hardware or software
    that the 64 bit is referring ?? I do remember that it was called a 32 bit/64 bit system. The little laptop only says 64 bit--it was bought a couple of years later..

7. phalanaxus

32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a CPU handles information. 64 bit architecture offers some advantages and software specially coded to use them are generally named as 64-bit versions.

If you are currently using the serial on your dead-usb XPS, you can use Lazesoft Recover My Password Home Edition. It is free so you can google and download it. It is a boot cd, burn a bootable disc (you'll need an active internet connection during this process as it will download some required files). Boot the XPS with the disc and select “Find Windows Product Key" and note it aside.

8. Margaret Pyron

Well, I should have thought about that.. I know that in Photoshop Edition CS 5 , (of course I have the Cloud PS on here also, but the computer broke before I really had time to learn and see how and what is new) it is loaded with some parts of the program in area labled 32 bit and some labled 64 bit. Some of the addons I had from earlier years didn't work on CS5 . I had to really pay attention when downloading these little things , because some had not been updated.

I am using this Linux Live dvd on the XPS to get to the internet and I need the ID for the XPS W7, but maybe I will have to use the laptop to actually burn the disk. I appreciate this. I have heard stories people have told related to the ID of the version they were using (no details) and sure didn't caught up in anything like that situatuion.

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Margaret, some manufacturers paste the Windows 7 Product Key to the case, many don't. See if it's there.

If you need to find your installed W7 product key, you can try WinKeyFinder 1.75. It is a Zipped file, its contents needing extraction, and it runs without installation. That's the quickest way.

10. Margaret Pyron

Oh, I was lucky to find the disc, much less a case. Just in a paper folder, and nothing on the outside of the disc. I did look there. They probably didn't send it in a case. I know I wouldn't have thrown that away.

That zip file does sound a lot faster than going through the burning process. I tell you, ya'll know where everything important is on the net. I would be sitting in a chair crying about now, if I had tried to do it myself. Well, I wouldn't have known what to look for even.

Thank you

PS. Is there some kind of time limit to these conversations/threads ? I just wanted to know, in case they were deleted after a certain period of time. I will have to come back for links, etc ?

11. phalanaxus

Isn't that tool Windows only (Her keyboard and mouse doesn't work in Win right now)?

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Correct, however, Margaret is engaged in private conversations with others, and provided the software link in case the hardware issue is resolved somehow.

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Margaret, I was talking about your PC's case, not a CD's case. ;)

PS. Conversations remain until you leave (delete) them. Threads are never deleted; they are always archived for future search.

14. Margaret Pyron

I guess I use the wrong words...to me, I think I don't pay much attention when I am talking about a dvd/cd . I write whatever
    comes to my mind first, and call a dvd a cd or the other way around.

If you are referring to the plastic case they are usually in, it isn't in a case at all. It is just in a paper envelope.
    On the front of the disc it says what it is..permanently written. It says operating system already installed on your
    computer - reinstallation DVD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. For distribution only with a new Dell PC . I did just notice at the
    bottom, it does have a P/N number made of 5 numbers and letters . Could that be the key? They are usually so very long, I didn't
    even notice the first time I looked. I count myself lucky to have that. Oh, wait.. I just went and got the drivers and utilities re-installation dvd, and it is in a cardboard envelope. It does have a black and white stamp on the back with really tiny letters and numbers. It starts with US-ORTHCT and groups of letters and numbers with dashes in it..like a serial number and made in the USA.

Good grief, I am sorry that I said I didn't have that. It is in such tiny print on the back. I had to go get my glasses to read it !! I guess Dell saves money by putting them in flimsy ? .. Not heavy wt enough to be called a box, but a little bit heavier than a 20 wt piece of paper.I am so glad that I am going back and rereading the thread or I would certainly not seen it. I had looked for the plastic ones, and didn't realize this being a "case".

I am really sorry for wasting your time looking up links and programs for me to retrieve the licensing numbers and I had it all
    the time... Hoping this reply gets to your notice alerts...

:oops::oops::oops:

15. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Hi Margaret,

JRViejo is not talking about CD/DVD case, but the PC case, in other words the casing of your desktop computer.
    But good to hear you found it :)
    Btw, if you install Windows 7 without entering a license key, you have a 30 day trial. So then you have enough time to find it.

16. phalanaxus

Hi Margaret,

A Windows 7 serial should be in the following format xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yeah exactly. :)

Hopefully this article will help a little.
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/componentprofiles/p/p_case.htm
    The Case is Also Known As:
    tower, box, housing, chassis, cabinet

Even if she doesn't need to search after the license on the case anymore it's still good to know what it is and might be useful in the future.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  18. Margaret Pyron

That is good news, in case these numbers are not the authentic numbers needed..Surely I could retrieve in 30 days.
    Thanks.

19. Margaret Pyron

Well, now I see I really didn't find THE CASE , but hopefully the letters and numbers I found are the right ones.. And now I know what the case he was referring to, actually is. There is some interesting info in that site to read-I bookmarked it--...I found out what a "mother board" is too. In the past I remember people saying "Well, if the mother board is the problem, you might as well buy a new computer"..Not sure if that is really true...:):cool::D

20. elainemacko

elainemacko Registered Member

Today is 9/15/14. On 9/9/14, I noticed something was wrong with my computer, so I installed Hitman Pro. I tried to get the 30 day free trial. but an "Invalid" button popped up. I know I've NEVER used this product & was told someone must have. I have no idea who. On that 9/9/14 scan, (2) threats popped up. So, on 9/10/14, I ran another scan. The same (2) threats popped up. On 9/11/14, I purchased Hitman Pro. Ran a scan and guess what, the (2) threats Disappeared! I've never heard of this. I contacted Hitman & they asked me to send my log files. I did. Yes, they PROVE what I'm posting. That was 3 days ago. NEVER heard from them again. I asked for a full refund. How unprofessional. I hope they read this!

21. markloman

markloman Developer

Hello Elaine,

We are aware of your emails. One of our support engineers responded to your email 2 times on the 10th of september and once on the 12th - so three times. She explained that our license service is only able to supply a trial license once and that someone else has been using the trial license before - probably a computer repair center, a friend or someone else in your family. She also requested to send over the scan logs so one of our engineers can examine using the logs in combination with the experience you had with our software.

According to the logs you sent, your computer had the Ammy Admin tool on the computer, which is often used by so-called Microsoft support scammers calling from India - fake support engineers trying to fool victims into handing over their credit card details. The detected files were located in the System Volume Information folder, which is the folder where Windows stores its System Restore Points. According to the time stamp of Ammy Admin, it was stored there on the 8th of september - a day earlier.
    From the logs, it is unclear to me why the items were not detected after you activated a new license - there is technically no difference between the trial or commercial license. There are only three explanations:

1. another anti-virus or anti-malware program (not HitmanPro) has removed these files in the meantime;
    2. the system restore points were deleted;
    3. the system restore point service was disabled causing the deletion of the restore points.

Option 1 is the most probably cause. Since HitmanPro does a pretty thorough scan, it often happens that another (real-time) antivirus is only picking up malware when HitmanPro has accessed a location where other security software are normally not scanning; the System Volume Information folder is a backup folder.

Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP)
    In addition, according to the logs, your computer also had objects in Internet Explorer belonging to Claro and 22Find, browser extensions that fall in the category potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), that can hijack your startpage or place advertisements in your web browser. These were detected in all the logs you sent and deleted by HitmanPro after you activated the product key.

Support Hours
    I would like to mention that our professional support is available during business hours only and we aim to reply within 24 hours. This is why we have not yet replied to the 5 emails you sent in the weekend. Sending multiple emails asking to respond will not speed up your case as everyone deserves the same quality of service. We are not ignoring you and always reply. Our customers are important and we go above and beyond to help everybody in any way we can. We also honour our customer's wishes and continue to handle your support question through the proper channel. You will receive a reply shortly.

Best regards,
    Mark Loman

22. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I just learned about and looked at a Utube Video about Forced Breach Mode. Has anyone had to use this Mode.

23. SweX

SweX Registered Member

24. Margaret Pyron

25. Margaret Pyron

I started this "cry for help" thread .. haven't been back -- but see you had trouble with "support" and the mysterious disappearance of the first 2 threads after you bought product ... I see the "reply" from Hitmanpro above -- looks a whole lot like a reply I got before finding this forum .. !!! Hmmm ?? I am curious as to whether you got your refund ... in the end .. I was just grateful to get my disabled computer running again --thanks to helpfulness from this forum.... Would have lost some important (to me) stuff .. but I didn't, thanks to the generous help from some people here...

If you do get email notice to this thread -- please reply and tell me how things ended up with you and your experience with HitManPro o_O

Margaret Pyron

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.