Hitman Pro 64 bits detected as malware by IE9

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by moontan, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Seriously, who cares what IE9 thinks.

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Just an FP no need for overreaction :D

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Many people who use it, and virtually all computers newbies.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I know. How does it turn into another IE bash? Lol, Wilders, what can you do? Anyway, it's an FP, and a harmless one. Crap happens.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Can't stand criticism? You're in the wrong place. Harmless as in letting malware take over your system while your browser stubbornly resists the cure, while being infected itself?

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well i'm not saying criticism is bad but come on this was nothing serious just something they should take notes on :D

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Perhaps I'm the only one that figures anti-MS or anti-anything comments are pretty useless in a thread about a specific issue? Try not getting out of hand here, JL. This was no case of malware or any such nonsense, so I'm not even sure why you made such a comment. It's an FP, and yes, it was harmless. Most are..that's why they call them FPs.

You don't like IE, fine, no big deal. But how about we kill the anti MS stuff when this case is a very simple, very common issue for many vendors besides MS? Can we do that, or is it just too hard to resist? By the way, I'm in the wrong place? I wasn't aware membership at Wilders came with expectations of being criticized. I kind of figured it was a computer security forum, not a place to cop an attitude with people who don't agree with you. Funny, guess I should have read the terms and conditions back in 07 a bit better. Well, whatever. The point is it wasn't a big deal, and it got fixed.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, some people will grab every opportunity they can :D

9. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i'm almost sorry to have started the thread. ;)

i had never really used a 64 bits system until a few days ago so i thought there was an incompatibility between Patchguard and HMP.
    the possibility of a FP never crossed my mind, although it should have.
    i tend to have 'tunnel vision' sometimes. lol

10. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

an fp that was flagged as such by members here (thanks) with both MS and Hitman Pro made aware of (latter taking immediate positive acrtion). All in all worked well just as it should in cases likes this. Thanks to all that helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.