Hitman Pro 3

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by picasso, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. picasso

picasso Registered Member

Hi all,

Hitman Pro 3 public Beta is now available for all to download.

Apparently this is different from the earlier versions of Hitman Pro as no software is installed on your computer this time.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet and what other thoughts people have?

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/hitmanpro/

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

what is the hitman pro?it sounds like a killer:D

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It's an anti-spyware app with cartoons.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

really cartoons:D is it good?not the cartoons i ment the antispyware?

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

"combine a number of powerful anti-spyware programs in one integrated solution"
    BSEditor/ Freeware tool Hitman Pro combines the best of both worlds to fight spyware.

Hitman Pro is a freeware tool that combines a number of powerful anti-spyware programs in one integrated solution. In nearly all anti-spyware reviews, the conclusion is that none of the anti-spyware programs removes all spyware. A combination of two programs is recommended.

This is exactly what Hitman Pro does: it combines Ad-Aware SE, SpyBot Search & Destroy, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster, NOD32, Sysclean package. Most of the included programs are freeware. Some of these programs are limited trial editions of commercial programs, and the user can decide to switch these off after the trial period.

6. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

It doesnt combine does anymore, its a standalone AS now.

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

really?maybe this info is not recent:)

8. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

maybe or just reselling their services.

10. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

LOL reminded me of Hitman Contracts for my PS2:D

Anyone tested it's detection?

11. Niels

Niels Registered Member

It does take some time to analyze your computer. On my computer the scan took +/- 30 minutes. But I must say that there were other security software active in realtime mode. I know you can't say that I tested it against many samples but it was able to detect a password stealer sample. I must say that I didn't run the executable so I can't say how Hitmanpro 3 will able to remove everuthing.
    I've attached a screenshot. Wait till somebody else test it against other samples.

After I pressed on "volgende" (next) Hitmanpro 3 first cleaned temporary files and created a system restore point and afterwards when I looked the infected file was removed.

Attached Files:

12. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Wait. The stable version is what you say it is. The beta is what i said it is. So my guess is in the near future it will b standalone only.

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ok i see.understood.
    thanks for the info.

14. Niels

Niels Registered Member

This bèta version is really stable no program crashes, computer reboots, blue screen or error messages on my system. Other security software that I have installed without any problems are: Threatfire,BitDefender Total Security 2008. The only problem is with Comodo Boclean who is falsely detecting one of the program parts of Hitmanpro 3. If you don't let Comode Boclean remove it, you are fine.

In addition what I said about the scan time it decreases when you run Hitmanpro 3 multiple times.

Another change this version will not be freeware anymore. To remove found threats you need to purchase a license. However you can get a free 7 days key to remove found malware. Afterwards you need to pay for it.

15. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Thanks for the info,Niels :thumb:
    Unless its magically better than SAS or MBAM, I'll stick to them as they're good,light and free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.