Hints on using Online Armor FW-a Learning Thread 4

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Escalader, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hello Paragon_Support:

As requested, here is the jpg image I got from OA 190 when using paragon data backup product.

If I understand the testing and research correctly, the common factor found is QT based software being tagged as a KL or exhibiting key logger behavior.

All users can do now, is stand aside and hope this matter gets straightened out in the interest of security and not just treated as a matter to minimize pop ups. :doubt:. Different pop up wording for KL and KLB might be clearer and less frightening.

For my part, I would wait for now and leave the OA KL block in place as it seems to have zero effect on the performance of paragon products on my setup. Or we could just assume it is a false positive and remove the block.

Attached Files:

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

To All Thread Readers, Posters and Learners.

I am suspending my own posts on this thread.

There are several reasons for this, but sufficient for now are the following:

(1) OA 190 is now been removed and replaced on my own setup and it would not be practical for me to add new information on OA

(2) OA indicates a new release is coming in the future, exactly when is uncertain

(3) The thread is much to long having surpassed some of the stickies !

(4) The recent posts indicate some KL/KLB issues need work by others to resolve them

If a WSF member wants to ask me a question via PM or Email I would be glad to try to answer but just remember that OA support comes from their forum not a thread of posts by individuals.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Then I guess it is time to close this thread. It was quite a large effort Escalader, so, thanks for all you did. Best wishes to all involved. :isay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.