HijackThis error

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Firebytes, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I have HijackThis on my older desktop which runs XP SP2 and have no problems. My newer (less than four months old) laptop also has XP SP2 but seems to have a problem with HijackThis. When I run a scan with HijackThis I get the following error.
    hikackthis.jpg
    Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Don't ask me why, but every new reinstall i perform then running hijackthis for the first time, always gives 3 or 4 error in succession, but then clicking on thru them with OK, yields normal results and any useage afterwards doesn't repeat like that.

Just go ahead thru with answering OK even though you see those boxes and after that, it should not happen again.

If it does, theres nothing more i can offer in way of assisstance if there really is some issue with that program.

I tested and received the same behavior on XP Pro, SP1, SP2, each and every time very first run, after that it runs normally.

EASTER

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thanks so much for the advice Easter. I will try the program again when I get home Wednesday. I uninstalled it after the error messages.

4. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Are you using the newest version 2.0.2 from TrendMicro. Using the older version 1.99.1 may help, or vice versa.

5. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

According to the graphic image from the first message, the listed version is 2.0.2. :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.