Hijacked!

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by ruth beck, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruth beck

ruth beck Guest

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so soon.
    I little history about my problem. I was hit by several viruses last November, during the worldwide assault, an infamous day in history. The major problem was that Internet Explorer was hijacked and either I got error notices or was sent to a page, that was a socalled " advisory"
    saying Google, IE Browser was hijacked and to use other browsers. The other hijacked page is when I need to open a file that Netscape doesn't understand and it takes me to a phony MS site, where Norton gives me a security warning. I hit it several times, and it obvious another hijacked site, page. I though I was dutifully protected, having Spybot, Ad Aware,
    Spyware Blaster, Norton and Symantic enabled. I also update Windows frequently, especially after November, and all the other programs. Anyway, I have two corrupted pages which none of the above has been able to clear. Plus I still have a couple of bugs , a trojan, in quaranteen.
    I would love to rid my pc of the hijackers, but I don't understand how to open and install The Hijack program to remove the hijackers. I am always screwing something up on my computer. I just reinstalled half of my programs while trying to eliminate the problems. What do you think I shoud do?
    Thanks,
    Ruth Beck

2. dave38

dave38 Spyware Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.