hijack this

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi everyone when irun hijack this it stops near the end of scan at trusted zone emmurtio or something..... I recently found a Mirar worm or something think its adaware and IST toolbar.... how can i get hijack this to work or remove Mirar thanks MD

I did navigate to zones domain but nothing was in registry strange the thing that found this Mirar worm was spinach antispyware

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi MD,

I think you had problem's removing those entries because no data items are "defined" for them given the particular subkey. Investigation lead me to DelDomains under *MORE SPECIAL TOOLS* here as the item that will take care of those 015 entries for you. If you've been using some sort of HOSTS file simply replace it as the above tool will remove ALL entries, both trusted and restricted. To save any you've added to your "Trusted Zone" filter through the following after manual export, then save those for next time as a separate "trusted reg import."

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

GF

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

When I run HijackThis, it allways "freeze" there for about 1 min, but then it finishes.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you have a large quantity of entries in IE's Restricted Zone either by manually adding them or using programs such as IE-Spyad, Spywareblaster, Spybot....etc....HJT will definetly pause until it is done dealing with those entries.

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

You are right, I forgot about it. I removed it and it is fine, even IE works faster. Thanks. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.