Hide system tray icon?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jftuga, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jftuga

jftuga Registered Member

I am evaluating NOD32 for our 350 user environment. All of our users run as a User - ie not Power User nor Administrator. After we push Nod32 to their systems, how can I hide the Nod32 system tray icon? I do not want the users going in there and running on-demand scans (we have a daily scan scheduled from the Control Center) or being able to Quit the program. I already have a password set so that they can not reconfig the application.

Thanks,
    -John

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi . After you have setup a password , users also can't close NOD32's control nor they can stop the protection because NOD32 runs as a service and it is protected.One way not show the icon is to use msconfig and uncheck the control center (see the screenshot1) . By doing this you will not start the Control Center of NOD32 but only the Kernel , the protection service which you can control using your Remote Admin Console.Via doing this users will also not be able to see any visual warnings about NOD32 fining malware , blocking site ... Think before doing this .

Another way is to have the Start menu's Properties chosen to Hide inactive icons.The customize this option to simply hide NOD32's icon.This way , depening on your configuration , users will be able to see visual warnings.

There is no way you forbid users perform on-demand scan (and there is nothing wrong in this , IMO) , except if you forbid them use NOD32.exe via Group Policies/MS Shared Access tool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.