Hidden tib files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aisa, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aisa

aisa Registered Member

I have just purchased version 10 Home and have deleted the trial version that I was using.
    Now I see that I have some 45 Go of hidden tib files left that I do not need. I cannot see them normally but when I defrag my disk, I can see that it is moving tib files.

How do I remove them?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Have you been saving the backups to a Secure Zone on your system drive? If so, go into the Manage Secure Zone function and delete the SZ. It will also delete any backups files in it.
    If you haven't already done so, you should make the bootable Rescue cd from the installed True Image software.

3. aisa

aisa Registered Member

I had deleted the trial copy and was trying to clear up my D partition of my hard disk before installing my new boxed version, so do I have to install the new version before cleaning my D drive of unwanted tib files?

4. aisa

aisa Registered Member

OK so I installed the new boxed version and tried to access the Manage Secure Zone function and delete the SZ, but all it did was to attempt to create a SZ, subsequently asked for a reboot and then I cannot find any SZ.

As I do not really want a SZ I am not really worried as I will do all backups to an USB external drive.

But I'd still like to empty my D partition!

As I cannot see any files on the D drive, it is possible to reformat iot completely or do I run the risk of fouling up my PC?

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Ah ... so you had the backuup images on a D partition. Forget what I said about the Secure Zone then. If there wasn't an SZ on the D part. then the Manage SZ function would not be able to delete one. It will only give you the option of creating one.

You should be able to go to a Dos prompt and format the D partition. Or if Windows sees the D partition in My Computer, just r-click on it the D part. and choose format.

6. aisa

aisa Registered Member

Fine but I'd still like to know what these 40Go of .tib files are?
    Never ming I 'll do a format exercise as you suggested

Many thanks for all your advice.

7. aisa

aisa Registered Member

Could not reformat drive from Windows but in the meantime, I got another very good answer from another forum as follows:

Empty Recycle bin.

Ensure that Pagefile is not set to D.

Show hidden / system files (via folder properties), delete.

From a command prompt, run dir /S /A:HS from the root of D to view the files,

Then attrib -H -S *.* /S /D to remove hidden and system attributes, then del *.* /S /D.

This work excellently and now I have a 99.999% free drive !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.