Hidden Passage Way

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I've always wanted a hidden room or passage in my house since i was a child. I believe it would be worth the investment. Here are some reasons for having a hidden room in your house: there neat, a place to hide your valuables, adds resale value to your home, could be used as a panic room, could have your own bat cave lol. Here is a company that specializes in designing, and building secret rooms. Go to the videos section on their site, and watch the discovery video. http://hiddenpassageway.com/

2. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

hi cutting edgetech,

Wow, that's a great link! I wonder how fun it would be to come up with some of the most clever schemes regarding hidden passageways/doors, closets? Wonder if they have a "Narnia" special line of furniture? :) They could consult with magicians for ideas also for some great optical illusions in the secure furniture too... :)

3. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Btw, your post reminds me somewhat of the famous Winchester House:

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/

with all it's hidden passageways and such where a lot do not go actually anywhere, door within doors that are different sizes, dropoffs, weird stairwells, etc. Maybe you or other Wilder members have seen/heard of this... :)

Also, I used to have a book showing all kinds of optical illusions during wartime to foil the enemy (such as aircraft that think they are looking at a landscape or bombed out town where in reality its a giant mesh tarp with drawings on it to be viewed from the sky) inflatable tanks, etc.

-tookerjeff :)

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Very nice :)
    I also always wanted one of those when I was young :p

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

You can find the Idea in old B movies from the "1940" to "1970". Ostensibly converted stuff home made for the purpose, such as a hidden room used as a safe house in the underground railroad in the old slave days, or tunnels from the tong-wars in chinatown in the US. Left over secret passages and rooms called speakeasies from prohibition days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.