Hidden files

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mariamik, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mariamik

Mariamik Registered Member

Hi.
    I can't see my hidden files.
    When I go to tools -> folder options -> view, checked "Show hidden files and folders " radio box, then Apply button and Ok. When I open the same window again it shows that "Show hidden files and folders"radio box is unchecked. I coluldn't check it anyway.

Even I tried Start >> Run >> (type) regedit >> KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
    find "Hidden" Rightclick it and modify it to 1.

But the same problem.I know that I have virus in my computer, but my ativirus does't fint it.
    Please help me.

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi Mariamik and welcome to Wilder's security :)
    Apart from unticking the box to "Show hidden files and folders " try also unticking " hide extensions for known file types and also hide protected operating system files. You say that you have a virus but your av cant find it ? could you please let me have the details of the name of this virus as we will then be able to advise you further. If you need to post a log at anytime then i would suggest that you go here or here and read there READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide. If your problem still persists you will then be able to post a log in which one of there admin staff will help you to remove it. Please do let us know on how you get on

regards

3. Mariamik

Mariamik Registered Member

Thanks for your replay.

My antivirus name is "Kaspersky".
    And also I notice that CPU usage of my computer is 99%. :-(

4. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Thanks Mariamik for getting back to me. If you post your log in either of those forums above you will get a speedy reply

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.