HFS+ drive becomes unrecognized on Mac partition

Discussion in 'Paragon File System Drivers' started by gmarch, Jul 17, 2016.

1. gmarch

gmarch Registered Member

Hi,

First time posting here, so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but basically I have a WD external drive that I've formatted as HFS+, and I want to use this drive with both my Windows and Mac partitions. I installed Paragon HFS+ for Windows 8 to read/write on Windows and it works great at first, but after some time, for an unknown reason, after plugging in the drive to Windows it doesn't show up.

I go in to disk management and find the drive there, and assign a drive path to it, and then it works fine. But then the strange part is, while in Windows the drive shows up as HFS+, when I switch back to my Mac partition the drive is shown as MS-DOS(FAT) and I can no longer read or write from it on the Mac side. The only solution it seems is to back up the data, then erase the disk and reformat at HFS+.

This is annoying to say the least, and it's happened a couple of times now, so I would love some insight into what's causing the problem or what I can do about it.

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.