Here is a tip for those getting BSOD or PG start up errors

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Socio, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

I have been getting random PG startup errors at boot up (which continue even after re-booting) and though less frequent, BSOD's as well since I started using PG. I have un-installed and re-installed PG when this happens and it will work for a while but would eventually get a BSOD or a PG startup error again.

It was obvious it had to be a problem with PG loading during boot up, I figured it was most likely a registry problem perhaps something trying to load that no longer existed or was mis-configured.

This last time when I got a PG startup error instead of going to trouble of un-installing & re-installing PG or even WinXP which I was contemplating I got a registry cleaner Registry Mechanic to be exact.

I ran it and it found 283 problems I had it repair them all, re-booted, PG started just fine and has been running great ever since.

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi Socio,

hm, may be a good clue, thanks you for the idea :)

regards,

gkweb.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Socio, Thanks for the information:) The registry is a dumping ground for many programs and needs regular cleaning like your hard disk, defragmenting the registry is also a good idea after you clean it out.

Pilli

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.