Help

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Morfeo, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morfeo

Morfeo Registered Member

I would like to know if there is anything I can do to stop receiving too many invitations o_O (over 30 per day) from people who want to add me to their contact list in MSN Messenger (version 7.0). It's is REALLY annoying :mad: . I don't know how and why so many people know my address since my account is set to exclusive and I only my friends have it and I don't have a public profile.
    I sent a message to Messenger service and the information they gave me was completely useless (how to block and invitation, etc. etc. etc.) because I have done that. The only thing they said that they would forward my suggestion to the product team (I wonder what was that since I have a question and not a suggestion).
    I have Windows 2000 Professional and the following programmes: ZoneAlarm, AVG Free Edition, AntiVir Personal Edition Classic, Spybot Search & Destroy & Ad-Aware SE Personal and I keep my computer updated.

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Don't know what to say about this one. If you have everyone blocked except for your friends I would say it is quite odd.

Question tho. Do you have your msn messenger e-mail addy posted online anywhere? Could be a cause of why this is happening to you. It's one way how spammers get your addy and send all sorts of junk your way.

I guess if it continues tho, my suggestion would be to get another ID for msn messenger or just change your e-mail addy that you use for msn messenger. Unless of course it is for business purposes.

Oh and btw, welcome to Wilders. :)

3. Morfeo

Morfeo Registered Member

I have never posted my MSN messenger e-mail online....NEVER...I would not like to change my account but I got over 50 invitations TODAY (in less that 12 hours) so if there is not solution..........I guess I will have to do it.

Anyway, many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.