help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by dom, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dom

dom Guest

every now and again when i go to open a file or folder my computer just comes up with the "are you sure you want to delete this file"message and you cant cancel it. I have tried allsorts of virus checkers, trojan hunter, spybot etc but nothing seems to find anything.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You could try System File Checker; place your Windows CD in the drive, click start> run type in CMD, when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow" (SFC is a part of Windows File Protection) this will replace any changed/damaged system files with a clean copy. SFC may not solve every problem, but it's a good start that anyone can do.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

3. dom

dom Guest

um i dont have my windows cd.
    Any other ideaso_O
    thanks

4. Send_Derek

Send_Derek Registered Member

I would try the scan anyways even without the windows disk.

I've been able to do it on several PC's of mine, and it works without the disk. I've only had it prompt for the windows disk once, but there is a work-around for that too if you search on google.

5. dom

dom Guest

k i performed the scan and it went through ok it didnt find anything it just finished and left me with the dos screen is this ok?

6. Send_Derek

Send_Derek Registered Member

If it fixed your problem it's great! lol

But, if it didn't help you out any, I'm not sure I can help... I was just postin' to let you know that you don't have to have a windows disk...

What about scanning it with online scanners such as microtrend or panda antivirus (my favorite)?

Or, maybe it has to do with the registry keys being knocked out of place. Could you do a system restore and try and get rid of it that way?

7. dom

dom Guest

no it didnt fix it i was gonna use the system restore as my last resort but it looks like im gonna have to do it thanks for the help m8 much appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.