Help

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

When I got home this afternoon and tried to go to my protection list this is what I got . So I tried dissabling protection and shutting off PG and when I try to restart I get the same thing . It seem to have gotten cross thredded again.

Attached Files:

2. WilliamP

I rebooted after shutting protection and it seems to have straightened out. I have gotten to the bottom of the situation. My wife was trying to run a game for the grand baby off a CD. She put it in the CD drive and it wouldn't run PG asked for an OK and she gave it but it still wouldn't run. So she put the CD in the DVD drive and it ran. Then it seems to have finnaly decided to let it run in the CD drive but there was no disk there. It got hung up. Alls well that ends well. :rolleyes:

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi William, Thanks for reporting that. Jason maybe interested if it is a nit :)

Cheers. Pilli

4. Tatersalad

Tatersalad Registered Member

I had the same deal happening. I allowed an executable to run from a cd and it was still in the list. When I hit the security tab the list refreshes and it can’t find the .exe because the disk is no longer in the drive. Removing any entry that starts with a cdrom drive letter should make stop for you as well. Hopefully this will get fixed before the final release.

Nevermind I see I mised your second post William.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  5. WilliamP

From what I could tell from the log the exe was prevented from setting a global mouse hook. That is what stopped it from running I guess. But it ran in the DVD drive. It wasn't in learning mode. The only problem is that it hung up and wouldn't let you do anything with PG untill the computer was rebooted. I have gone into the program files and gave the exe permission for global hooks.

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

*edit* I think I will just not grab the icon for removable drive executables, should solve this annoying issue I think, whilst allowing people to still add the executables if they require. :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.