Help with Yahoo messenger

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Nerissa, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerissa

Nerissa Registered Member

Hi, I am so sorry if this is not the place to post this, but I dont know where to ask?
    Whenever I try to open my yahoo messenger I get runtime error, r6025 pure virtual function call.
    I have searched for hijack this as I think I need to show you the log, but I dont know what one is the right one to download?
    Please can anyone help me?
    Thankies

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Uninstall it, and Install it again, sounds like a Corrupt installation :)

3. Nerissa

Thank you.
    I dont have it in my add/remove programmes. But I know there is some yahoo stuff in the programme files. Does just deleting it remove it from my system?

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I agree, it sounds like the install went all screwy on you for one reason or another. Since it isn't in your Add/Remove list, you'll need to remove all the files manually. First, check your Program Files directory for the Yahoo folder and delete that. After that, I'd check the following directory: My Computer: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data, and, while you are in there, Local Settings\Application Data.

After doing that, you're almost done. Go here: http://www.ccleaner.com/. Download this program (it's a registry/temp file cleaning application), and, once downloaded and installed, run it, select "Registry" and click "Scan for Issues". This should find any leftover registry files from Yahoo. Click "Fix Selected Issues", click "Yes" when it asks if you want to back up the registry before cleaning it, then click "Fix All". This way, if it cleans too much and your registry gets damaged (never had that issue with CCleaner but have with other cleaning software), you have a backup and can go right back to a perfectly fine registry.

That should clear out Yahoo and you can try to reinstall. You may want to delete the install file and download it again. Sometimes a download interruption can corrupt the file.

5. Nerissa

When I went to delete the yahoo files, one of them wont allow me to delete it..it says
    cannot complete gifview.dll. access is denied
    Make sure the disc is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

hellpppp, lol

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Hehe, not a problem, Windows pulls that trick from time to time. Reboot and try to delete it again, sometimes processes don't end correctly and Windows thinks it's still in use. If that won't work, boot into Safe mode and try it, that way nothing but the necessary OS processes load up and prevent troublesome ones from loading themselves again and causing that problem.

7. Nerissa

Hello again, I found some more yahoo stuff that needed uninstalling which I have done, I then went to re-install and it still gives the first error message,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.