Help with Threat found!!!PLZ

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dariusz82, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dariusz82

Dariusz82 Registered Member

i get the following....

File C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\ir_ext_temp_2\AutoPlay\Docs\Forum.Proxy.Leecher.v1.02.1030-DVT.exe is infected with a variant of Win32/Tool.TPE.A application. The file can be deleted. It is strongly recommended that you back up any crucial data before you proceed.

it comes up as a threat, with only option to leave. Have ran it in bothe safe and normal mode after disabling sys. restore. I want it off, is there any other fix i can d/l just for this type of problemo_O

2. Dariusz82

Oh yes i tried to go in manually but the directory that gets pointed out stops at C:\Documents and Settings\Owner so i can not manually remove

3. KingKull

KingKull Registered Member

Try going into your Documents and Settings folder. On the menu, hit Tools and go down to Folder Options. Hit the View tab, and look under Advanced Settings. Look at Hidden Files and Folders, and make sure Show Hidden Files and Folders is checked. If it's not do this and see if it helps.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Could you erase it with something like Eraser, use Eraser's Explorer feature to navagate to Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\ir_ext_temp_2\AutoPlay\Docs\Forum.Proxy.Leecher.v1.02.1030-DVT.exe and just overwrite it.

5. Dariusz82

Thanx guys worked great :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.