Help with Spyware Blaster, Please

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by LynneHouck, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynneHouck

LynneHouck Registered Member

I am new to this Forum and to using SpywareBlaster. I just downloaded the free 4.1 version. On the status page it says that "5,417 items have protection disabled" for Internet Explorer. I tried going to the Quick Tasks and clicking on Enable all Protection, but it still did not check all the Active X items for protection. Is there a way to do this automatically, or do I have to manually click on all 5,417 items to have them protected? This sounds like a great program! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

First off welcome to wilders.When you click internet explore from the left side panel,In the window pane that opens Is there a checked box at the top of the window.You should not have to place a check for each one.If the box is check and you enable all active x it should be done for you.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  3. LynneHouck

Thanks for the welcome, John. Yes, the block is checked.

4. Dark Shadow

I just double checked mine,The all checked.You may want to uninstall the program be sure to remove any left over remains registry keys etc.Then reinstall a fresh copy and check for updates first then configure and see how it goes.You may just have gotten a bad install.let us know how you do.

5. LynneHouck

Ok, thanks, John. I'll try that. Ill let you know what happens.

6. LynneHouck

John, thanks for your help. I removed the old copy and re-installed a fresh copy. It checked everything for me. I could envision me spending the rest of the day checking all those little boxes! Have a great day.

Lynne

7. Dark Shadow

Your welcome,good day:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.