help with invalid security certificate

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by innerpeace, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

When I go to hobbyking.com I'm getting an invalid security certificate in firefox. I know of many people that have ordered from them but want to be sure it's safe and encrypted. Also, when I click on the SSL 128bit box for a secure connection it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help me find out what the problem is and if they are safe to order from?

Here is a link to an explanation of the issue on their forum which is 3 pages but a very fast read.
    http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...=3184&KW=security certificate&PID=19294#19294

Should I allow an exception and then go to the hxxps://www.hobbyking.com to register or place an order?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

innerpeace, I used my Perspectives add-on to check the SSL Certificate on that site and this is the result:

Capture9-7-2009-10.47.38 PM.gif

I also checked the page info, using FF 3.5.2 and the certificate is verified:

Capture9-7-2009-10.49.10 PM.gif

Whether they are safe to order from, that I don't know, yet the Certificate checks out.

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks JRViejo,

I'm afraid I'm totally ignorant when it comes to certificates and this was the first time that that I received a warning at a place that I was interested in buying from. It's good to see that the add-on shows consistency with the certificate.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

innerpeace, you're welcome! If you don't have Perspectives, it's a good one to install. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.