Help:update problems with Acronis Malware Shield

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by alex'77, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex'77

alex'77 Registered Member

Hello, I'm Italian... so, I'm sorry for my bad english.

I have a problem to update Acronis Malware Shield's definitions: from 1-31-06 Malicious software Definitions Updates Wizard tells me that " no updates are available for download. Acronis Privacy Expert Suite is already up-to-date for malicious software definitions".

Is it possible? What are the last malicious software definitions for Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alex'77,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please be aware that you can download the latest Spyware Definitions update from the Spyware Updates section at our web site.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. toby_blond

toby_blond Registered Member

Hi,

I am running APES 9.0 on two computers. One version says it is allready updated, which I know for a fact it is not. I dont have scheduled automated updates. Ofcourse, I can go to the website and update, but this is a serious problem for any novice users, or users depending on automatic updates. If the software tells me it is updated, it better be!! But in this case it is not!

I really want Acronis to show me where I can look to find which version of the malware defintions are installed. This function can be found in all other software solutions. Please do this ASAP, or give me a way to look somewhere to find it.

THanks!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello toby_blond,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to find out what update for Malware Definitions is installed on you computer at the moment. I have forwarded your suggestion to our Development Team. They will certainly consider it and most likely implement it in one of future builds/versions of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite.

Regarding your issue, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.