help SPYTECT SPYAGENT

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by cyber, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyber

cyber Registered Member

need help got spyware SPYTECT SPYAGENT can not delete it keep coming back
    tryed nod32 spydocter ad-ware a-2 spy bot spysweeper can not find it the only one is ghostsurf spycatcher
    and delete it but still comes back i have tryed to detele it in safe mode in windows registry and turn off windows restore but still no good
    do not no witch program its in please help thank youo_O

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Cyber;

Welcome to Wilders' ;)

Could you post what it is alerting on ... files/reg keys. Copy and paste the log/findings if possible.

You are aware the program in question is a legit commercial monitoring package/software, just to be sure; the effected PC is your property?

Steve

3. thanks steve

thanks steve Guest

thanks in ghostsurf spycatcher it come up with SPYTECT SPYAGENT then software\microsofta\RFC1156agent keep delete it still comes back

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What other info is contained in the RFC1156agent key....TrapPollTimeMilliSecs ?

Also....and this does not mean it's the only cause for that key....but do you use Spywareblaster ?

5. cyber

cyber Registered Member

rfc1156Agent hkey_locAL_MACHINE\sofTWARE\microsoft

thats all spycatcher give me i do not use Spywareblaster
    i do use spy doctor,spybot, ad-ware ,xoftspy,tryed spyremover ,spy sweeper,
    now trying ewido and pestpatrol and i have reformated hard drive so i do not no how its keep coming back o_O

6. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Spyware Doctor does not detect/delete it?

Thanks,

Chris

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Chris,

Just curious why you feel SD would detect it ? I have always been told many legit programs use or access that key....not to mention the malware guys ?

Any info you can share concerning that key I'm personally all ears since the rfc1156Agent key has come up at Wilders on a few occasions but so far no definitive answer has been shared in regards to what legit programs use this key for :doubt:

8. dog

dog Guest

I agree with Bubba - it seems that both malware and legit program utilize that key and variations of it. Also if that's the only finding for the keylogger it would seem to be a false positive, as that key on it's own won't do anything - although the files could be hidden if it is 'stealth' keylogger. Strangely enough Tenebril database is sadly lacking in any real details for anything in it's database - they only provide a general written summary of the threat but no reference of files or registry items. Also a bit strange to me would be the detections for this, this month: 1,530. (3 days o_O) ... and total Detections: 13,729. Spytech SpyAgent

Try contacting their support to clear up this issue. ;) Other than that I'd leave it as is for the moment.

9. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I was going by the original post which made me believe he had spytech Spyagen and could not get rid of it. I was wondering since he said he uses spyware doctor if he meant that Spyware Doctor could not delete it. Now I see it looks like he only has one key that Spy Catcher is detecting. Is this the gist of it? He does not really have SpyAgent just a key that could be used by it?

Thanks,

Chris

10. freedom

freedom Guest

I tried SpyCatcher Express (free version) and it detected Spytech SpyAgent in C:\WINDOWS\unvise32.exe which Pest Patrol also detected this as a rat trojan at one time, but it was found to be a FP, so it is no longer detected by Pest Patrol.

I uploaded unvise32.exe to Jotti's and VirusTotal after SpyCatcher detected it again and all came up clean.

SpyCatcher Express also requires you to be online to do scans. It seems like SpyCatcher is just too FP prone, it found other FPs too, so I just deleted it completely. I feel better now that I don't have that FP monster on my pc. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.