Help Restoring Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jiminwmbg, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiminwmbg

jiminwmbg Registered Member

The Primary HD on my Dell decided to get strange and they replaced it for me today. I had made a clone using TI home 10 onto an external USB Hard Drive. It's all there. Problem is when I try to boot from the TI Start Up CD that I made and clone it back it changes the drive letter to E and I need it to be C. Am I out of luck here or is there a work around. Looks like I should have done an image but I misunderstood the instructions. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as it will take me a week to put my computer back the way it was otherwise.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

Read this Dan Goodell Article. You may want to consider trying Kawecki's Trick. I can upload the Win98SE Startup Disk to a web hosting service. You can then download it from there.

3. jiminwmbg

jiminwmbg Registered Member

Thanks. I think I have a Win98SE Disk upstairs, I'll go look. If I cannot find it I may be back in touch. I was also thinking about calling the tech who took my old HD and working out a deal to "borrow" it back long enough to clone it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.