Help Recovering Wifes Addresses

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chrismgan, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrismgan

chrismgan Registered Member

My wife's computer (WIN2K) needed to have a new OS so we went with XP Pro. However she didn't get her addresses off before the change of OS. We both have Acronis and external HD's. I'm still running WIN2K on mine. Is there a way to move her external HD to my PC and retreive her email addresses ?
    We both have the same brand of external HD's (Fantom Drives).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

2. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

Possibly if you make a clone but not sure. Someone elseon here shoulfknow more than I though so hang in there!

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What version and build of True Image? If you now have True Image installed again on her computer, just use it to mount the Backup Image that is on her external drive and see if you can extract the addresses that way. What email software did she use?

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It doesn't matter what operating system you have on a computer as long as you have a version of TI that matches or is newer than the version used to create the backup images of another or the same comptuer.

Simply mount or explore the backup image on the external drive and copy the desired files out to a folder on that computer. If this isn't the computer where you want to use those files, copy them to that computer via a CD, a flash drive, over the network, etc.

The great feature of TI images is that they can be mounted/explored on any computer with a compatible version of TI, so the data is always available for recovery.

5. chrismgan

chrismgan Registered Member

Sorry all- I had to leave unexpectantly. I'll try these and post back. Thanks for the replys.

Chris

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

And here we all are waiting and biting our finger nails to the quick. :)

Let us know when you get back whether you had any luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.