Help! process guard freezes computer upon reboot in learning mode??

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by brand, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeH

LeeH Registered Member

Yes, we are all here to help each other and try to improve PG with suggestions.

I would say personally, in my experience, you can enable all global protection after shutting down Windows and restarting twice.

Remember to ONLY allow extra access for trusted applications that need this. Working in this way, you can then check for alerts of what applications are trying to do.

However, the first setup of PG is slightly different as we need to assume you are trying to install on a system free from trojans. This is because we need to enable learning, where we may not know what important system processes need fuller access to function.

Best regards,
    Lee

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I had a problem with Windows freezing upon reboot in Learning Mode as well. But my problem arose after enabling Global Protection Options after only giving PG a day or so of "Learning". I had to uninstall in Safe Mode just to get my PC up and running again. I had to reinstall, rebooted my PC a few times (I guess so PG could better learn what Windows needs to start up), and I was set. Not sure why, but I've learned not to enable Global Protection Options (even in Learning Mode) until PG has had plenty time to "learn".

No problems now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.