help pls, am i infected?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zombix, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombix

zombix Registered Member

I was watching a live stream for diablo 3 and i was attacked by 2 forms of malware one being a trojan.

Im using eset smart security 5 and did a smart scan immediately and the scan found no threats. I deleted the malware from quarantine, then booted into sysrescue 5 and did a smart scan and no threats were detected.

So should i be worried? Is it still possible that my pc could still be infected?

thx

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

It sounds like Eset did its job, but i'm sure Eset staff will be by soon to assist you. You could try using some additional on-demand scanners such as Hitman Pro, and Malwarebytes to see if they find anything while you wait.

3. zombix

zombix Registered Member

Ok right when i clicked on this post to read it iexplorer crashed and there was a white page with red x saying that internet explorer was protecting my pc from malware...

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Also check your running processes and see if anything is running that dont belong and did you run the system inspector of ESS.

5. zombix

zombix Registered Member

i ran fullscan malwarebytes and it found nothing.... i ran sysinspector and there is nothing listed....

6. zombix

zombix Registered Member

ok i ran sysinspector and there is one process that is maroon deep red. what should i do about it it says risky?

7. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Run Hitman Pro to, and see if it finds anything. Malwarebytes is great, but its strength is in targeting a specific category of malware. Hitman Pro scans for a broad range of malware.

8. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Can you kill that process off from running and does it show where its directory is located.Also what cutting Edgetech said about Hitman Pro. Its sounds like ESET did most of its job but perhaps something slipped past and is pretty common for any 1 security app to single hand tackel all the nasties.After you get it solved, I would just suggest a layered defense and a good software Image program to recover.

ESET may further assist you and may want to see the sysinspector log.

9. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Agreed. If you're still having issues, it would definitely help to Submit a Support Request with us and include a SysInspector Log in your request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.