Help Please with Search

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

On my computer I have 3 snapshots. On my primary I can go Start, Search, and it works fine. On the other snapshots if I try to put any thing in All Files and Folders the computer locks up. I have to do a hard shut down. What is going on.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Does this happen still if you do a copy/update from primary to one of the snapshots with the problem?

3. Minimax2000

Minimax2000 Registered Member

Hi William

I encountered this a while ago and posted this in Ilya's forum. Defensewall
    was apparently the culprit but after installing a newer version of Defensewall this behaviour vanished. Please take a look at the forum link. By the way I am also using FD-ISR and did so when the search anomaly occured.

Frank

http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67551

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I don't think my problem has any thing to do with Defense Wall. I removed both snapshots,then created new ones. Now search works on all 3 snapshots. I don't understand. They had been updated about every third day but only the original worked. As soon as you tried putting anything in the search box the computer would lock up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.