Help!! NOD32 isn't helping with theses...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by trevorml, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevorml

trevorml Registered Member

I seem to have two viruses now. ugh. The files that are infected are iiiji.dll - but NOD32 doesn't even notice that one. It says it is an IE add-on. I don't think I installed anything that would bring that on so I'm very wary of it.

The second and more important is located in fccay.dll in the system32 folder. According to the regular scan is has now infected over 200,000 of my files. Each time I hit the delete button that NOD32 says to hit one file goes away and is added to the cleaned list (now at 22). Am I really infected on over 200,000 files?? This thing has taken over my winlogon.exe process and is taking about 30% of my processing speed at all times. The computer is really getting slow.

What do I do? I've run a deep scan with NOD32 but no help. It finds a few of these files and deletes them on a reboot.. but they keep coming right back.

I've also run adware from lavasoft and it also did a reboot / pre start up scan to delete the .dll's before they are locked.. but still no luck!!

can anyone point me in the right direction? Are these viruses? spyware? When I search google for fccay.dll I don't get any results at all.

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Trevorml, I'll send you a PM.

3. oliveryao2000

oliveryao2000 Registered Member

trevorml,

From my experience, this fccay.dll is bad malware. It will consume your computer and popup un-expected windows when you are surfing internet. The worst thing is that it is imbeded in winlogon.exe, and you can not kill it when windows started. What I did is using your original Windows CD and restart your computer, boot it from CD and get into Repair mode, then you will have chance to delete fccay.dll. After that, restart computer and everything will be back to normal. My computer is runnig a lot faster than before.

Good luck,

Oliver

4. ugly

ugly Registered Member

Make it public !
    That's why we are here !
    We may learn something from that.

5. zashita

zashita Registered Member

That thread was from November 2005 .... :)

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yup and a profile check shows that the original poster has not been here at Wilders since November of 05 so I doubt they'll be checking out the new replies :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.