HELP!! NOD32 Install hangs

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dlove777, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlove777

dlove777 Registered Member

Hi Newbie here.
    I just downloaded the new version yesterday after the 30 day trial. So I first uninstalled the trial then bought and downloaded the full version. It goes through the intial setup ok ( it says "setup configuration was successful, click next to complete installation) so click next and nothing happens. It just hangs. The programming appears to be is still running, I can esc out of it. I tried to download several times but still have the sanme results. o_O

Anyone have a clue what's going on? The trial install I did 30 days ago went like a breeze. So I dont understand why this is happening now

Thanks
    Dennis

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Maybe the installer got corrupted. I would go on the NOD forum and ask Blackspear what to do. He should respond in a few hours.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that you have Norton Password Manager installed by chance? If so, just disable it temporarily for the time necessary to install NOD32.

4. dlove777

dlove777 Registered Member

Success!! You're a genius!
    I did have Norton Password. I just unistalled it becase I never used it because I couldnt get it to work. Voila it installed.

Thank you, Thank You :D :D :D

Now is there any tweaking I need to do? What is Blackspears setup?
    Sorry for the noob questions

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Norton strikes again. If you have NOD installed already just like you did with the trial version, you're done. Blackspears setup is instructions to install a better way. You might want to look at them any way to see if there's any options you missed, or to learn a little more about NOD32. Enjoy it, it's great. :D

6. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Man, that was my problem exactly. Wish I checked here 2 days agao when I initially tried to install 2.70.23. Norton PM was the problem all along...

THANK YOU!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.