Help! No internet connection after...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Droid23, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droid23

Droid23 Registered Member

Running the Olmarik standalone removal tool. I had scanned the system as suggested using the standalone tool which it found and deleted the olmarik trojan but as I was going to reboot my computer so I could run the full scan as suggested but it froze between the restarting process. So I held down the power button till it shut down then manually restarted but once my pc restarted (Windows XP SP3) the Nod 32 app in the status bar turned red and it says maximum protection is not ensured. And now I can't connect to the internet.

What do I do? Can I do a system restore to yesterday then re-run the olmarik standalone tool? Any input would be greatly appreciated. This virus has been ruining my life and pc for what it seems like forever.:(

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Would you please point out which Olmarik removal tool was used. See the related articles here to get your connectivity back

3. Droid23

siljaline, the removal tool was the win32/olmarik. The one that was last updated in August. I'll read the supplied links to see if there any help.

4. siljaline

Thanks for posting back which variant you were infected with, awaiting your follow-up.

Thanks.

5. Droid23

siljaline, I still wasn't able to restore my internet connection with the link you supplied. The link said to uncheck the proxy server button through the internet connection>lan settings>connections. But it was already deselected for me.

6. siljaline

Try all the option listed here Best of luck !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.