help needed: Program Protection-window empty + BOClean disappearing

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by ronny, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

When I open the Program Protection-window in PG, there is nothing there. The columns are gone and all the headings of the columns are on top of eachother ("Process Name", "#", "Process Pad", "Blocked Privileges", "Allowed Privileges", "Options"). o_O

I tried uninstalling and re-installing PG, but without avail.

This problem started when i tried to add "InoRT.exe" (exe file from eTrust) to Program Protection.

Another problem (probably related because it started right after the above), is that the icon of BOClean changes its colour from black to red (only the little chair-thing) and then after a few minutes completely disappears from the systemtray.

Anyone knows what might cause this problem and how i could solve it?

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  2. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

Ronny

With reference to your BO Clean problem. Did the problem only start today after you updated it? (13th April).
    The reason I ask is that there was a problem with the first update of today which caused that problem. My BOClean icon also turned red and after I double clicked on it, vanished.

Kevin McAleavy of BOClean posted in the security forum at DSLReports to say this. Just download the latest update and that should solve the BO problem.

(http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9946304~mode=flat~start=20#end)

3. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Thank you very much Oremina :-* . (why can't i give you a cookie anymore ;) ).

I downloaded the new BOClean update, and now that problem is solved.

So now only one more to go... (the PG issue).

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Roony sorry to read about your problems,
    You may have to uninstall completely, to do that you first need to disable protection, then using Task Manager terminate dcsuserprot.exe after which you should be able to uninstall properly. Your pghost.dll is probably corrupted.
    Check the Tips, tricks and FAQ's thread above for information regarding backing up pguard & pghost.

HTH Pilli

5. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

Ronny

You're welcome ;) (Besides which I love Belgian beer) :D :D

6. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Thank you for your quick reply Pilli. I did all this, but the problem stays :(. So something probably stays behind and makes this error occur over and over.
    I will take a close look at the tips and tricks.

7. ronny

ronny Registered Member

You certainly deserve one. But which... we have so many ;).

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK Ronny, Try uninstalling from safe mode, Read Gavin's Thread on uninstalling, if that fails you will need to go into the registry if you are confident to do so, make sure everything is backed up if you do! In the registry do a find on procguard and delete every procguard key, do not worry about the legacy keys, then search for Process Guard and delete all those keys. Finally delete pguard & pghost (if there) in the windows\system32 folder and any files apart from your keyfile from the Process Guard folder.
    reboot and re-install.

Phew! Best of luck :)

9. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Thanks Pilli, i had already done that (including registry cleaning) but now found a much easier solution on "diamonds members only forum" :oops: ....

"Have you tried to move the hash bar too the far left and reboot, to see if they come back?

TheQuest "

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=381&stc=1

In my window they were all on top of eachother, so it was not obvious to find this as solution.

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Jolly good!, forgot about that one - column squash :D Wonder what caused that?Did you alter your screen resolution? Or maybe your video driver - Hust a thought..

11. ronny

ronny Registered Member

No, i didn't do any of those things. Hope this could still be explained by the "experts" of Diamond.

I am using an ATI 9800 Pro , catalyst 4.4.

What does stay strange o_O is that the "Process Name" column is now at the end of the tray, while before it was the first column. And i don't seem to be able to change that!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  12. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Go to this registry key in REGEDIT (click on START then click on RUN then enter "regedit" without quotes and press enter.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\Process Guard

Delete all the keys starting "plist_" and the problem should be removed.

-Jason-

13. ronny

ronny Registered Member

First i want to say this : this is one of the reasons why i like buying programs from these makers.I have already received an e-mail from both BOClean (Kevin McAleavey) and PG Diamondcs.au to provide support. ;) :) That's real service!
    (i wish all the others ,like ,for instance, ZoneAlarm, my internetprovider,... were like that :mad: )

Jason i deleted the "plist_" entries, (was scared doing that, but blindly following you :D ) but it didn't make a difference at all. :eek:
    Everything is the same.
    Now i am a bit wondering: what were those entries then for?

14. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Ronny, Did you reboot after doing the registry changes?
    Also jason may have other things for you to try :)

15. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your situation (ie of Process Guard), I think I may have misunderstood what is happening here, a screenshot will provide clearer thoughts :)

-Jason-

16. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Oops, forgot to reboot :oops: . That solved the problem, thank you.

Jason, since the columns are all in their right place again, i can't provide you with a screenshot of that state. But I did put all the columns on top of eachother once more (problem 1).

To explain the other situation maybe a bit clearer again: i could see all the columns, only they were in different positions then usual. Eg: "Process Name", which is now on second place, was then last; "Options" was between "Blocked Privileges" and "Allowed Privileges".

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.