help needed - looknstop wont work with new ethernet modem connection

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by manhattan24, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manhattan24

manhattan24 Guest

hi

i have just bought a new adsl modem (3com homeconnect) - so i could connect via an ethernet connection rather than the usb. however once i installed the new modem looknstop wont let me connect (the dial up keeps retrying and not getting through) but when i turn looknstop off i can connect. can anyone tell me what settings i should change so that it works with my new modem.

thanx :)

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Did you check that the network interface is correctly selected in the options ?

If it still doesn't work after this verification:
    What is the list of the network interfaces displayed in the options ?
    And for each selection, what is the IP displayed in the Welcome page ?
    Does the problem occur only at the connection time ?
    or do you have also some problems if you start Look 'n' Stop after the connection ?

What is your version of Windows ?

Thanks for this information.

Frederic

3. manhattan24

manhattan24 Guest

hi

i seemed to have corrected the problem - in the options the ethernet connection was ticked so i tried the wan connection and that seemed to solve the problem. however now when i try and connect it gets through to my ISP (through the dial-up) but doesn't find any web pages - all i get is cannot find. so i turned off looknstop and the webpage came up. i am running windows xp pro.

thnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.