help my buddy - nasty PC trouble

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Detox, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey my pal Pietje plays games with me and he's having some real trouble with his pc so he can't play right now :-/ he'll post the problems here and I really hope someone can help him!! I don;t know what it could be when the reformat didn't work!

2. Pietje

Pietje Guest

I have some problems with my PC. I cannot play any game anymore. When i start a game my PC stops every activity. DF2 is shokking very much. DFTFD does not start. Even the games for the children does not work. I thought is was my videocard but i bought one from spider 32 mb and the problem is still there. Nothing is working in a game. I can normal surf en use my pc but the problems are with games. I tried to install the drivers for the videocard and after that even my PC is not starting up in normal mode. Now i installed some other drivers but the problem is not solved. Now i get the message on screen by starting up that some dll cannot be found.................i am trying to solve this problem for a few days.....it's not easy and i think i cannot solve the problem....

3. Pietje

Pietje Guest

I did format my PC. Downloaded and installed direct X9 and the drivers for the videocard. Tested 3D with direct X and the PC was standing locked at that moment...no result....must started my PC again. Tested for viruses, nothing was found.

I do not know what to do else. (buy another PC is a option) Who knows what else i can do ? to fix the problem ?

Do i need a AGP driver for my American Legend Motherboard ? M726

4. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi Pietje,

as far as I can say (it's really difficult to do a diagnosis without seeing your computer) it's a problem with your motherboard (BIOS). Did you overclock your system in a way? Did you already install the latest BIOS? If nothing works what I'm telling you try to reset the BIOS. Such symptoms look to me, that something isn't stable... Either too much power or another wrong setting. Did you play with BIOS settings to make your computer faster? If really nothing helps, there's just one solution: replace the motherboard with a new one. But until then we will do some other checks. ;)

Hope that helps you out so far!

Best regards,

Patrice

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

WILL I DONT KNOW MUCH IM JUST A NEWBY

but sounds like you have a dirty install

of your operating system did you recently try to reformat

and reinstall your pc

i had dirty installs and had similar problems

its like adding a copy over a copy over a copy

6. Mr.Blaze

:cool:will if you ever say the heck with it and really want to start over on your pc it be nice to know what pc your runing some stats

if you plan on really wipeing out your pc and starting over to get it to completly work right

since it has worked well in the past and your problems just recently started

heres a link to show you how to really clean out your pc

http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/fdisk-format.html

on my pc it was a little difrent as it lokk like in the step by step that i skiped a step lol turns out it came later lol

but its the same thing

thats how you really wipe out your pc of an old operating system and start over

then you go in to bios and select boot procedure and make it cd rom 1st priority

add your main operating system,to the cd rom install and then put in the drivers that came with your grapic card

and nothing else

then install a game and see if it runs

if it does then you can start adding software and drivers to your pc but make sure there the right ones

do you have a program called goback

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well he's not sure what the problem actually was but apparently he took the whole thing entirely apart then put it back together again and it seems to be working ok so far :rolleyes:

8. Mr.Blaze

:cool:yup that sucks i think we all been there

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, actually if the truth be told... Some of us have been near there, but maybe not right there. In my case, if I took it all apart and put it back together, it wouldn't exactly be working ok after that! :rolleyes: ;)

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I dont think mine would either lol

but somehow it fixed his problem it seems.. who knew??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.