Help Me

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jcruces77, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcruces77

jcruces77 Registered Member

I got a copy of Acronis 8.0 and i get the image just fine but documents such as Microsoft Word on my computer comes up corrupt with some odd script saying File coversion with all squares on it.. Please let me know why this is happening

2. rharris270

rharris270 Guest

I recall last Summer that there was a build of TI8 that could save a perfectly good image, which was safe to use for a full partiion restoration, but that same build could not mount the image to extact single files or directories.

That problem was soon fixed.

Try updating to the latest version of TI8, which I believe is build 937. That should permit you to mount the image file. (TI8 calls this exploring the image.)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jcruces77,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that the situation is a little bit unclear from your explanation. However, most likely your MS Word files are getting corrupt after you restore them from the image archive by means of the Explore Image tool. If that's the case then please do as rharris270 has suggested and update to the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please describe the issue in more words. What operating system you use? When exactly your MS Word files get corrupt? Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. scaa

scaa Registered Member

For once, upgrading to version 9 build 2302 was not suggested. Is it because of the problems still there?

5. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

No, it's because you said originally you are working with TI8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.