Help me with a rule in Online Armor

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mi3x, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi3x

mi3x Registered Member

Hi guys, just got my OA premium, and I need some assistance.
    I want to confirgure OA to block all my internet traffic if my vpn disconnects.
    I got the giveawayoftheday with SecurityKiss vpn 6 months for free, and I would love to know how can at leaste firefox be blocked when it disconnects (as it often does).

Any help would be appreciated. I found out how to block traffic with the win7 firewall, but cannot manage to get the rules in OA.
    Im using win7 x64 btw, with OA premium FW and panda cloud free AV.:ninja:

2. mi3x

mi3x Registered Member

Ok, I'm trying without success, please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I set a rule to allow firefox only to the following endpoints and I filled in 10.11.0.0 to 10.11.255.255 (my vpn assigns auto an ip like 10.11.4.x).

If I enable this rule, my firefox wont work even when with the VPN connected. :(

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

OA can not determine connected or disconnected networks - it just can detremine the connection and may ask for trusted. a bit ago - but pdf manual says you can set trusted or not trusted connections in tab "firewall > rules> computer" or "Firewall > limits > allow/deny" (all in expert mode)

i am not sure if banking mode allows a bandwidth of IPs so it may easy to set OA to banking mode with those IPs as trusted.

HTH

4. mi3x

mi3x Registered Member

Nevermind, I gave up, seems it does not work.
    Instead I googled a bit and founds some commands which I put in a batch file with
    route add and route delete, so all I have to do is run them when needed, and all my traffic is blocked (I delete the 192.168.x.x route, leaving only the VPN address to connect to).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.