Help me I am just a stay at home mom !

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by omyti, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omyti

omyti Guest

Ok I am so confused,I am from Dallas Texas and I heard that the US has been hit with alot of virus"? Well I have McAffe and somehow my McAfee Firewall has been disabled and I cannot fix it.I tried right clicking the icon on the bottom and it still is black,so I have so a spybot scan and it says I have the following...Peopleonpage,AvenueA inc,DoubleClick,and DOS Explot.I want to know if I have been hacked into or if I just have a pop-up virus,I have used spy-bot and I just cannot get rid of these 4 things,Of course because Mcafee is completly not working it is no good.I am afraid I have a hacker.When I scan all of these wierd things come up,I have Verizon DSL .HELP ME I am going nuts,my computer is so slow.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I moved your post to this forum since you stated your firewall was disabled.

Regards,

Pieter

4. Amerk_5

Amerk_5 Registered Member

Also download & run Stinger. If it finds a virus, let it repair it. Then uninstall McAfee, reboot, and reinstall McAfee.

AvenueA and DoubleClick are cookies. If you use Internet Explorer, install IE-SpyAd. It ads a ton of sites to your Restricted Sites list. It should prevent those cookies and others sites from taking control of IE and your system. It's not a 100% full-proof prevention to spyware but it'll help a lot.

I don't know what Peopleonpage & DOS Explot are. Maybe somebody else can help with those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.