Help! It Won't Unzip!--Wannabetechie

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wannabetechie, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wannabetechie

wannabetechie Registered Member

I'm still quite green behind the ears when it comes to computer operation so please forgive me if I sound stupid, but I downloaded a zip file: Amazon Blizzard Copycat 2.0.zip or 3fl8u. It's came in my picture file and I moved it into documents and have tried to open it but it won't open. Do I need to download "Open it! Zip Extractor" or "WinZip?" It seems to be supported by Microsoft Word Viewer but when I go to open it, it says: "This file is not supported." I'm lost and tired of trying. Can anyone help me w/this? I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Good Luck. Later

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

In your title it says it won't "unzip" but in the body of your post you say it won't "open," so I'm a little confused. Opening and unzipping aren't the same as I see it. You have to "unzip" before you can open, but you shouldn't need a special program to do so. Right-click the zipped folder then select "Extract All" and follow the instructions. It'll unzip to a normal folder and you should then be able to open the files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.